We want the code

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: We want the code

Post by Blade »

Whatever your doing, saying that in globals is not the actions of someone who should be on this team and the actions of someone who wants to help.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Beta team leader had a request not so long ago, I suggest you to re-read it.

http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php ... 24#p101424
Use The Force(s)!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I play the game to help
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I think the "We want the code" is moving off topic.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

The only person I would trust outsid the current admins with the code would be Pickles (I know he messed up last time but it was that bad compared to actions of others) and Edge.

So I hope Spock does not frown upon recent events and treat it as a learning curve.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I think recent events highlight what I have been saying, "Its not about Trust its about Security". So if someone does get the code if he/she get mad and hands the code out then what.

Spock, think carefully before you hand out the codes for either SMR 1.0 or SMR 1.5.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Think its pretty clear we don't need the entire code, but occaisionally, releasing a relevant section to us could prove useful in error trapping/bug finding.

I don't want or need the entire code, just when examining bugs or balance problems in say the attack code for example, then providing us with the attack code would be beneficial. Might have helped us spot the fact MR does nothing sooner :)
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, as I pointed out earlier, I can live with someone providing me the code on a need-to-know basis. But with one busy coder, getting code can suffer from a bit of a delay, plus (I assume) the code is in a lot of files and we can't always expect Page to know where to look. Which means providing us the code when we need it takes some of his time, where I think we all agree there are more important things to do. This will only work if we get another coder.

In addition, to fully understand the code and in particular to see where it can be improved, I need to know the database fields, inter-file dependencies and so on.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

So now you want the php codes and also a copy of SMRs MySQL database. Do you know the transact-SQL language and how a relational database should be designed.

If you want the code then you should meet the Requirements for being a coder. Here is a link to those requirements http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9438 apply and we will then have two coders. If you don't meet the requirements then there is no point in giving you the code or anyone else that doesn't meet the requirements.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Freon, get more involved than WB. This is plain annoying.
Use The Force(s)!