Ships

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Ships

Post by Blade »

The Biggest hunt ship in the game should be the DC, it’s base should be 800 shields, 400 armour and 200 CD’s.
The Life taker should be removed and the Life Stealer changed to a raider class ship.
Each Race has (excluding Skant) a hunt ship, and the Federal Warrant is the hunt class ship for good alignment.
This game should not be ruled but 1 ship alone, it should have a mix of player types, ships and strategies.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Ships

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, I am one of the most experienced hunters in this game and I don't need anything bigger than the dc. With mines not being able to trap I much rather use the FW anyway.

That being said, I think going good should have benefits, and so should going evil. You can't take away two evil ships but not the good ships without offering something back, preferably some advantage to hunting.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

agreed
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I'd like to know why you want Life Taker removed?

Also... my humble opinion is that DC becomes useless half way thru the game as it lacks firepower, or it lacks defense (depending of what you make from it) and it wouldn't be a match to big raiders even with hunters advantage we have now. I flew the ship this round, I'm tho an average hunter, so maybe I don't know much about those things.
Use The Force(s)!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

DC was always the smaller less fire power ship, but it's ability to cloak and carry 100 mines made it a hunters dream, but mines these days are not hard come by, so the hunters advantage gives it another edge, DC can kill a raider, if you cant dont hunt, a hunter should pick up intelligence and setup his weapon config to match, if the juicy target was Cre the DC goes armour heavy... there is a big difference to killing and hunting.

DC isn't for fleet or alliance wars, for that you have raiders v raiders.

Life taker is to big to be a hunter and have any advantage over raiders, Life Taker is a just another godly ship
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Well, too big... 5HPs against raiders isn't... I had to add weps and power, and all other regular things, and I could pull out /29 max without losing other functionalities. As for weps, 5 wep slot ups and 11 power ups didn't give me more then 575/625 total damage, and those raiders are huge ya know. At that time Maxman had a FA that was /38, 2 lvls higher than me (both around 1mil xp) and I almost died first round, tho I got him on second while I was left at /5, and that's the only relevant fight I had in that ship tbh.

So.. if ya think it's too big, ok, we can make it smaller, esp since DC is back to normal, but it felt pretty tight imo.

This LS I'm in atm is too big, that I agree on without further comment.
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I think the point Blade is trying to make is that the evil ships are *hunters*, not *raiders*. The dc used to be too small to take on a warbird, but with the mines it could do that anyway. And don't forget the high speed, that both the dc and the carapace had.

The DC doesn't lack fire power. But with the effect of mines severely diminished it lost that advantage. Also, with the new ship condition it lost its speed advantage as well.

I agree with Blade that the life stealer and life taker should be taken out, but in their place I would suggest two extra gadgets (one available at -200 and one at -300 alignment), that increase some stats (preferably mechanics, maneuverability or accuracy). These should also work when you gain alignment, just like you could have a DC equipped with a Nuke and still be good.

Furthermore, and I keep saying this, we *must* reinstate single mines going off, or hunting will be bullocks whatever ship you are flying.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

2 negitive aligned gadgets would be an interesting idea, u have any thoughts on what u might want them to be
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, as I said, one should be about mechanics, to give back the dc its speed advantage. The other should be about maneuverability and accuracy, perhaps a small increase in both. I think those options are the most suitable for a DC. And of course these gadgets would also have an effect on other ships, as long as your alignment is evil, but in the scope of this thread, we should focus on their effects on the DC.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Ok, but if you kick out two evil ships, why keep both two fed ships? It'll just make few of us that were evil this round to go good, and whole game will be green again.

Just brainstorming here...

Edit: to add, LS is now only a raider ship. Dunno tho if it's in live yet.
Use The Force(s)!