Relation raising

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Relation raising

Post by Blade »

have noticed you need to sell/buy over 120 goods to raise relation with neutral ports, this needs to be lowered to 100, as the NMV starts with 120 holds and it's unfair to new players that they do not gain relations in the newbie ship.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Relation raising

Post by Page »

I thought it was related to ships base holds? I haven't actually looked at the code for that, but whilst playing I think I found it's different between PSF and IST (so I assume all ships)
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

135 is the minimum, empiric value, found while raising neutral relations by EE members. Nice catch Blade :)
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

One other note, at the moment people with increased relation stats start with additional personal relations. But once they reach 500 relations, the advantage disappears: their relations will go up 1 per trade. That means the main advantage will be a head start in building relations, but someone in a decent trade ship only needs 10 trades to catch up. Of course, people with increased relations will be able to trade with enemy races, more quickly, but unless they are president, this is not something they themselves can influence.

Therefore I propose that for example someone with a 100 increased relations (200 stat points) will gain a maximum of 10 relations per trade until 600 (500+100) personal relations, and then 1 per trade till 1000. That means the 100 extra relations are added *after* what you normally build up by trading.

This may give Alskant too many advantages, but I think the increased relation stats as they are at the moment are completely useless.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Yep, agreed, it's one of those stats that gives slight head start and then throughout the game becomes almost useless. Tho I'm sure Baalz would be able to elaborate more on this, as he has had these in his stat points.
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Ya....I was ;). When 1.5 started and I went skant, I was under the impression that how you suggested that it would work was how it already worked. I thought that throughout beta testing as well, so i had 300 relations with every race the first round of 1.5, which proved to be useless 3 weeks into the game. Ya, its nice to be able to trade with races that you're at war with, but its a really big hassel a lot of the time, and having those points devoted to an obvious early game area really hinders game play throughout the rest of the round. If it gets changed, it would make the Relations category much more useful.