Mine Stacks

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Swagman
Quiet One

Mine Stacks

Post by Swagman »

One thing to perhaps bear in mind, if we introduce the single mine hit back into the code (I agree it should be, I hate people running over mines)..

Is that now with increased stacks, up to 225/225/23, we need to watch the formulas for single and 2 ways sectors, perhaps they never changed from the original SMR, but coding something for single mines always hitting may have an impact on the larger stacks
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Ships

Post by Infinity »

And on top of that, Edge and I talked yesterday about lowering the max stack size influenced by stat points, currently it's 50% increase for each 100 points, we've come to a conclusion that 25% would be better, esp if we go back to the old system of mines hits. This would make default Human stack 88/88/9 and max stack 138/138/14 (rounded values).

Baalz, split this topic please, we're way off.
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: Ships

Post by JettJackson »

id say max size if we can figure out a number should be 150/150/15
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Re: Mine Stacks

Post by Baalzamon »

Done.

Also, I agree with JJ... I wouldn't go as low as 138, but 250 is crazy overkill.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Under new plan it will be like this so we should lower the max mines in a stack...
Yeah, that's the whole point.

150... that would be... 28.6% per 100 stat points in bigger stacks, so slightly higher than those 25% Edge and I discussed.
..level 50 guy takes x drones..
I know we want forces owner level out of these equations as we all buy forces on the same place, but do we want attacker level out if the equation as well? Since now not all weapons hit forces and there's probably some formula somewhere for weps accuracy against forces (I want to see it, btw) I'd like to pull out attackers lvl from ChanceToHit and NumberToHit formulae as well.

Thoughts?
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, including the attacker in the equation makes sense. An experienced pilot should be able to better avoid mines and fire more accurately.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Formula for accuracy against forces is same as trader (ignoring effects of other player) with the addition of:
$this_wep['Modified Accuracy'] -= $force_owner->getLevelID() / 4;
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Yes, but if attacker level already influences the weapon accuracy while shooting forces, wouldn't it be too much that it affects the number of mines that hit? I do agree with what you're saying just... brainstorming :)

Thanks for the formula Page... btw, that's the part that should go out. Forces owner shouldn't be involved in this.
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

As far as I am concerned, there is no reason to include the attacker level, owner level, *or* number of exits in the formula. The only explanation for more mines going off in a sector with one exit is that the pressure from exploding mines is bigger, triggering other mines. Hello, we are thinking galactic size here, pressure build up is only important when we are talking roughly the size of, say... the inside of Swag's head.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I would say that it's more that mines are placed around to guard particular places, if they're placed on the left in the sector they can't hit something on the right very easily.