Mine Stacks

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Mine Stacks

Post by Infinity »

Good portion was far from warps... I wanted to keep Omar/Salzik warp clear, but... it didn't work out... Now, mining ALL warps to Livstar and most important locations in it is way further than what we've done... I guess we all got carried away.

Doubling cost movement will reduce this, but as I said in that thread, it's still 16.5k mines in 200SC for that miner of mine. So something else has to be done.
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

In previous rounds of 1.5, mine expiry length has been based off of a racial time of 2days expiry (i believe 2 day) Racials have a 4hour life span, and Planets have 4days (?) These are based off of a 50-50-5 stack

I do think that the time needs to be slimmed down a bit. Not as far as it is in racials, but definately less. Upkeep of the minefields the size of FE and EE should take a massive amount of work to keep up, refreshing every sector more then once a day, IMO.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I would think before you start cutting down expire time on stacks of mines you should have planets finished first. Another point mine field size is related to the amount of money in the game.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Well it's not so much cutting them down, as putting them back to what they were in previous games (at least I'm pretty sure they were lower in previous games)
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

my thought on this is, normally you need a little non planet gal mine defence but nothing massive both alliances have massive mine fields, this goes more to mine stack size for one alliance, and miner activity for the other alliance.

my thought is next game have planet gals connect to a small neutral gal say 4x4 3x3 then to the larger neutral gals
and in the small neutral have mines last like planet gal mines do in the larger neutral have them last like how racial mines do or maybe 2x as long as racial mines.

any thoughts on feesibility of this or ideas of this
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

It would just give another area to mine up, and spread the minefield into 3 galaxies (planet, mini, neutral). Or at least thats my opinion
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

charlie u didnt read my post did u...? if u did ud know that the larger neutral would have a much less time clock for forces thus that it would be pointless to mine them, either make them like this, or get starports coded in or make the planet gals larger or if u think its fine now the way it is then lets have at it with mine wars. those are our 4 feesible options in my eyes.

but changing all neutrals to racial mine speed means people can walk right up to your warp and into your gal and that makes planet gals very pointless
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

to be honest, i think a problem we're seeing with mines here is because of the map. The planet galaxies were made too small, and to be honest, I think this round proved that the time of multiple individual planet galaxies are done, and we need to have the large, multi alliance planet galaxies we've had in the previous 1.5 rounds. I'm not saying that mines don't need to be tweaked by any means, I just think that a lot of it has to do with the map design.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

I am not attacking anyone when i say we need to keep nuteral space open from long term mines....because we all are doing it... But its called nuteral space for a point....free for all to use...yes we did have times set on mines and forces in the past...and yes it is coded in to let each gal be set...to a diff time...but we can't let the game be all mines...

10 min for any stack in racial space... that has mines... any size...
30 min nuterals
planets gals the take the time off mines...seeing how we won't have mines out side the gal....Crazy idea just put the time on the scouts in planet gals... so people can keep it safe but if they want to see people clearing they have to keep it uptodate:) may add a bit more to it...
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Need to keep time on mines in planet gals, cant just remove it..Needs to be some responsibilty for keeping the field running.

Poor teamwork can result in fields expiring - should remain that way.

And i do agree with some of canffs numbers - mines shouldnt be needed for more than 10 mins in racials..Maybe an hour in neutrals to defend during an OP.. Just one thing i want to qualify is in this case im talking about stacks with mines on it. Stacks with scouts only need to last a hell of alot longer than they do still..