A hunter's advantage

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: A hunter's advantage

Post by Edgecrusher »

Blade, fyi, Alskant is a trading race, not a hunting race.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

tbh, alskant should not be getting jack :D if they are hunting. You go alskant to trade, maybe do some utility work, but you don't go alskant to hunt. Thats just plain stupid. With stat distribution now, even people who have never played before see its stupid to hunt as alskant. If you want to even it out so that is "seperate but equal" then let Alskant gain stat points for every 150k they trade. But this thread is for the hunters, not the traders.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

alskant already has bonus' they are for what its strength is, trading, if u want to hunt go another race like creo or nij
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I know I dont mean having an hunting advantages, but they need to be revamped so they are the best option for a trader player, at the moment, you just as good trading with any race then Alskant
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

That's not true, Blade. Relations advantage sucks now, but if it is fixed like discussed in another thread, Alskant have a significant advantage. Jump accuracy is higher for Alskant and if I remember correctly, they have a much higher chance of getting special offers through gossip. Just to be sure if that is actually in (can't remember hearing it as an idea or as an implemented game feature), I tried it in beta and the advantage seems to be large. I don't think any Alskant can complain about not having trading advantages.

In the old days, some people picked Alskant to then go hunt in a DC, but let's be honest: those weren't the real hunters.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Of course not, the replied on massive amounts of exp to hunt.

Ok, so have we got anything solid we can apply and test ready for the next game?
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, so far it seems everyone is fine with an adapted version of my original idea, in which you get 1/100th of the stat points that are minimally required for your race. Unless someone has some last minute arguments, that should be on the to-do list.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Edgecrusher wrote:I really like your idea, Baalz. I'd like it even better if the stats gained would be a percentage of a player's minimum racial stats.

For example, a thevian would have 200 maneuverability, 300 mechanics and 100 sensor stats.

A kill would give 1/100 of the minimum points, so 2 maneuverability, 3 mechanics and 1 sensor per kill. With a total of 6 this is more than the 5 I proposed, but because a player cannot concentrate the points on for example accuracy, there would be no huge effect, only a strengthening of racial characteristics.
Just to make sure I have these stat points right. You are talking about the above quote?

I also have a question is it wise to add more changes to a game that is in need of balancing. Also when anyone makes a kill they are going to be getting this bonus.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Yes, that's the right quote, and no, not any kill gives the bonus, only kills made in hunter-type ships.

And with every change we propose here we can ask ourselves if don't need to balance out the game first, but for that we need another 5 coders, or the entire player community has gone off to another game because we aren't keeping this one exciting. No need to have a beta-team if nothing we suggest gets implemented because we want to balance out the game first.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Edgecrusher wrote:only kills made in hunter-type ships.
Fair enough but I do hope Page codes it in away so it can be easily adjusted if need be. Also I bring up balanace so much because that is also one of the jobs of the beta team. So don't just throw balance off as something that is impossible or unimportant to do.