A hunter's advantage

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: A hunter's advantage

Post by Blade »

I like the idea, but still opens the game to godlyness spookies, I think start of each race you should choose, race, stat points and job
, each giving bonuses, this way maybe the ship class could be removed as it is open to a lot of critism.

Trader - Gain extra SCR while flying trade ships and 10% increase of exp and cash, but loses 10% accuracy in raider/hunter ships
Hunter, searched less for illegal good, does not have as many trade accidents (losing less CP)

Hunter - Gain extra SCR while flying hunter ships, increase of 10% accuracy, loses 10% exp and cash in trades, searched more often for illegal goods, will make more mistakes trading causing more loss to CP

Raider -

Not sure what to add on the raider just yet but something to think about.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, in my opinion, the role of being a raider isn't a separate carreer path, but something available to everyone. What I would like to see is that just before game end, if a trader, an excavater and a hunter who have been equally succesful at what they do each step into a raider, it would be an even match. Aspects of the game that have to do with raiding type ships (fleet fights, pb's, pr's) should be open to everyone, and not be limited to a certain carreer.

In the end, excavaters will have an advantage because of alien tech. Traders will have xp influencing their accuracy and cash to buy them nice ships, and hunters have, what, also experience? Then either the xp gain for hunters should go up (Kiky, of that xp you gained, a significant part was due to clearing and busting, 25-30 kills can't get you 800k xp), or we have to put something else in place, as I suggested. The more diversity, the better, but from the lack of enthusiasm I figure I need to come up with a better idea.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Good point on raiding, it's something around which game should be going.

25-30 hunter kills, 45-6 kills without NPCs, no, I didn't clear, I never clear, you mined us twice... busts, ok there was some xp from busts, doubtfully that it can add up to 100k (I can do the math on it if you really wish) but majority came from killing (and where the hell I said 800k?!)
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Okay, you said 600-700k, but still, if you gained that much from hunting, then you are the only one in this game, not including Drake, who doesn't hunt in a hunter.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Shall we discuss this in some other place? I told you how many hunter ship kills, which is what you wanted to hear. Now don't rape me.
Use The Force(s)!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

You need to be careful on hunter's advantage. A few things to keep in mind.

1. Hunters keep the Traders exper levels down by poding them. // How many total kills in a game is traders?
2. Hunters normally only gets poded by another hunter, fleet fights, or PBs. // How many total kills in a game is hunters?
3. Traders normally are not solo players. All their money goes to the alliance. // They have no more money then the alliance does.
4. Hunters normally are not solo players. All their money goes to the alliance. // They have no more money then the alliance does.
5. Hunters in the pass and now pray mostly on newbie players. // Always have always will. Not wanting to argue this point the News speaks for itself.

How in some other threads we are talking about giving hunters advantages by making single mines hit. There is talk about redoing the Flee. Which I do agree with both of these.

What I am getting at is you need to be careful not to swing the balance to far to the hunters side. Keep balance in mind, if the hunters advantage becomes to much then everyone will become hunters.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Number 4 is highly debatable. Most money hunter makes by killing, hunter spends on forces. Kills with good cash are not that common, as we go for the kill when we have the opportunity instead of when the target has money on them. Not only money, but also if hunters are solo or not is debatable. Edge was solo most of this round, and he would have remained so if game didn't start digressing towards other things.
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, with all respect, those assumptions are highly debatable, all of them.

1 Hunters don't keep the traders levels down. We try to, but fortunately that's too much for us.
2 Hunters normally get podded by raiders only. Real hunters don't fight each other but save their sc for killing traders. And why on earth would you do a PB in a hunter?
3 Traders are usually not solo players, but unless you have a very disciplined alliance, they're gonna keep most of the cash to themselves.
4 Hunters often go solo. What do you need an alliance for as a hunter? The fewer fellow alliance members, the more targets.
5 We pray on newbies? That is complete :D. Do we kill mostly newbies? Yes, we do, but that is only because the game has become so bad for hunters that everyone else gets away.

Hunting really sucks this game and you need to try it before making comments about it, otherwise there's no use in a discussion.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Edgecrusher wrote:5 We pray on newbies? That is complete :D. Do we kill mostly newbies? Yes, we do, but that is only because the game has become so bad for hunters that everyone else gets away.

Hunting really sucks this game and you need to try it before making comments about it, otherwise there's no use in a discussion.
You can back off some Edgecrusher. I am not trying to create a flamming thread, just posting what I know. Also yes I have hunted in SMR but I like trading and mining more. What I meet by hunters getting poded on PBs is, they change ships for Ops? Really I do not think anyone would go to a PB in a hunter ship. Also saying that hunters go after newbies because hunting is so bad this round is bs. They have always gone after newbies, some will buy them a new ship after they pod them, some will not. A few hunters do make an effort to not pod newbies but not all hunters do.
This is going way off topic, the jest of my post was becareful not to swing the hunters advantage to far toward the hunters. I want the game to be as fair as possible for hunters and traders.
What I am getting at is you need to be careful not to swing the balance to far to the hunters side. Keep balance in mind, if the hunters advantage becomes to much then everyone will become hunters.
Edit: I went and looked there are 389 players with 27 of them being disabled and another 77 with 0 exper. So those are not playing and another 20 or so with very low exper so they may not be playing either. There has been a total of 356 kills, so yes you have a point hunting this round is poor. But I also blame some of that on the flee. It is over powered and has created an inbalance in the game.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Freon, join the game, join an alliance and play one round, PLEASE. I know you knew the game and took part in the development and I have huge respect for you and everything you've done, but you can't give objective opinion if you're not playing, it doesn't go that way. We play, and we can both theorize and give empiric conclusions, but you can only theorize if you don't play. Many more things that you cannot see happen outside of the WB, in game and in beta chat.

Flee is fine, thinking a bit more when hunting is also fine. Now, we gave something to traders, let's give something to hunters as well.
Use The Force(s)!