Communication to the player community

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Communication to the player community

Post by Edgecrusher »

When I wasn't on the beta-team, I was really annoyed that people were discussing things without anyone knowing what they were doing. Now that I have power( :lol: ), I would suggest we put out a weekly post in the main part of the webboard in which we tell everyone what we've discussed, what the decisions are and what will be implemented or has been implemented as a result of our discussion. This will involve the community in the development of the game, and at the same time will give people the chance to ask questions or make suggestions. We have a strong team here, but I am sure we miss an idea from time to time.

This will recreate the same discussion we have done, but I am confident that we'll be able to explain in detail how we have come to a conlusion

Alternatively, the galactic post should be reinstated and used to reveal information of less importance, or in a more humorous way. If you all agree, I am willing to be responsible both for the weekly post and for the galactic post.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Communication to the player community

Post by Infinity »

/me yells at Baalzamon "SEND THE NEWSLETTER ALREADY"

Yes, Edge, yes, yes, yes (I know you love when I do that)... :D
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Galactic post is as simple as a new piece of text to put up every X amount of time. Can also use html to style it in columns etc. (I mean it'd probably be possible to have tools to deal with it, but they're not of high importance.)

Also the new server is finally online and Spock is setting it up, which means it shoulld hopefully go live on Saturday.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, no, Kiky, no, no, no (I'm playing hard to get). A newsletter is just a newsletter. It is useful for reaching those that do not play the game, but what I am talking about is something interactive, where people feel involved and can ask questions.

As to the galactic post: If it's just a matter of text editing, than expect a new edition tomorrow. Who do I send it to?
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I'd still want the newsletter to go out as it's a good advertisement to those that have left the game. We can easily just post it on WB and add a link to the topic into the newsletter. But we first gotta smack Baalz to do that, or give someone else the possibility to send it.
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Infinity wrote:I'd still want the newsletter to go out as it's a good advertisement to those that have left the game. We can easily just post it on WB and add a link to the topic into the newsletter. But we first gotta smack Baalz to do that, or give someone else the possibility to send it.

Newsletter has been written and given to spock, as of about 3 days ago.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Just send it to me, e-mail is probably easiest (you should have an e-mail from me), and basically all the area in the center of the screen is available for the galactic post. If you want to use it as pure text then just putting it in a <pre> tag would do it, but be as experimental as you want.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Galactic Post, Year 1, Nr 1, has been made, just waiting for Page to put it online.