User Rankings v2

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

User Rankings v2

Post by Baalzamon »

Bumping this thread up, we need to start getting this done, and ready to be released with next round.

I know that Kiky, JJ, myself, and maybe DWizz? Talked about this a while back in chat...if one of you want to search for the logs from way back when, that'd be cool, if not, here's what I remember..

We decided to have different rankings for the major aspects of the game (Trading, Hunting, Excavating, Mining) Players can have more then one ranking at a time, such as being ranked Adept in Trading, Newbie in Hunting, Expert in Excavating, and Fledgling in mining. This way, you see what players are good at, and they can show off their best talents. There should also be general stats, showing stats like "Largest Hit Dealt" "Largest Hit Received" "Planets Busted" etc etc

What we were thinking along each of the lines
Traders:
Ranked by trading experience and trade profit

Hunters:
Ranked by kills, categorized by raw numbers as well as level ratio possibly, in order to limit killing someone 1/50th your size.

Excavating:
Change "Past Knowledge" to Excavating Score
Ranked by Excavating Score, Total GHP earned, Total Alien Points

Mining:
Ranked by Force Kills, Mines bought, possibly others.....

Mining is still sketchy. At the time, we said that Mining should without a doubt be included for the sole fact that miners generally give up a lot, such as experience and time, in order to help an alliance mine. Ideas are more then welcome.

General Stats that I was thinking would be cool would be:
Largest Shot Dealt
Largest Shot Received
Average Exp per round
Average Excavating Score per round
Missions completed

(those are in addition to what we previously had)
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: User Rankings v2

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, I think including mining is stupid: buying mines require absolutely no skill. If at all, there should be a 'teamwork' ranking, that includes planets built, forces refreshed and so on. But that, i think, would take too much work. For the rest I think it's a great idea, as it would put some individual competition back into the game.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: User Rankings v2

Post by Kahless_ »

Mmm - Kills + Kill level (Sum of kill levels for mind). Stat to reward a player who consistently targets big targets.