Movement SC Cost

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Movement SC Cost

Post by JettJackson »

After messing around moving in beta i think that we need to leave SC movement as it is now, and maybe look for other ways to slow the game down, as doubling the movement is a huge amount of a change.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Movement SC Cost

Post by Edgecrusher »

Yes, I agree, unless we thoroughly test doubling movement cost, I suggest we leave it as it is.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Too much tweaking....if we're making single mines hit everytime (as they should) then making movement costs double is a lot...particularly when its not all that uncommon for one trade to cost 8 SC, one shot on another ship taking what? 3-5? and then making it cost more to move makes repairs go up a lot really quick....Maybe another time, but right now, I don't think its the right decision.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

I always liked the idea of making the amount of SC it takes to move dependant on ship size..Little ship, little movement costs. Big ship, big movement costs..Encourages more use of smaller ships..
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Big ships are already penalized because their maneuverability is lowered. We don't want to punish people twice.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Baalzamon wrote:Too much tweaking....if we're making single mines hit everytime (as they should) then making movement costs double is a lot...particularly when its not all that uncommon for one trade to cost 8 SC, one shot on another ship taking what? 3-5? and then making it cost more to move makes repairs go up a lot really quick....Maybe another time, but right now, I don't think its the right decision.
Well the point is that although making a trade may cost quite a bit of SC, it's still possible to make a LOT of cash/exp reasonably easily. Besides that, hitting a single should use up barely any SC (it actually might not use any if it doesn't attack). It just makes it easier to slow people with singles.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

P.S - I like the double movement cost. Movement is too free at the moment - restrict a players ability to move between 4-5 galaxies every day to trade and you restrict their ability to make stupid amounts of cash and xp.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I've been tumbling the math on it in my head, and I do think it'll be fine. Also, Page said he made it so it can be easily changed in the code if necessary, so we'll see the results and tweak accordingly. I always hated that SC killed turn management.
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Kahless_ wrote:P.S - I like the double movement cost. Movement is too free at the moment - restrict a players ability to move between 4-5 galaxies every day to trade and you restrict their ability to make stupid amounts of cash and xp.
People could trade between 4-5 galaxies in SMR1 as well, it was just a lot fewer sectors to move.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Are you serious? were we playing the same game?

1 days turns were pretty much enough to drain 2 routes..maybe 3..Thats 1 galaxy for mind...