Movement SC Cost

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: Movement SC Cost

Post by Blade »

Mine fields and asteroids in sector should effect SC with a chance to actualy crash in to 1, also the manuverbitily of a ship should decrease in a mine/asteroid, this will help miners slightly and give a little more reality feel.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, if you read the original posts carefully, no one proposed not doubling movement cost. We only suggested postponing it because so much is already changing, and using the time to test it more throughly. As someone said, we tend to sing back and forth, taking too large measures and then having to tweak it again.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Yea, but i think most of us agree that this is one aspect that has to change? The only way its gonna be clear if its too bigger change is to put it in "live", then sift through the whining and find any real issues :D
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I'd postpone it till next round, cause it's a rather significant change, and that's it.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

It was already planned to wait for next round to actually implement it, it's in beta so it can be tried out somewhat (although in the end it needs a real game to really see the effect)
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Yea, im not advocating it come straight in now - we wouldnt actually get an accurate picture of its affect iit were added now. Need to see its affect from the beginning of a round.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

It's one of those things that does need testing on the regular round, we just can't see effects before that.

I can tho, go test trading, I have a nice map made before for testing trading stuff (meaning it's a proper map, all racials in, several neutrals, hopefully logical port distribution etc.), but what should be seen is how it will affect the game on the long run.
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Okay, you all changed my mind, let's get it in live. If the formula is indeed simple (what can be hard about it?), then we can always tweak it some more.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

SC is a little anal, specially for shooting IMO
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

"A little anal" gets through the spam filter????

Either way, back in the old days, shooting used to cost three times as much moving a sector, now it cost about 25 times as much. I've said before that this game totally screws with hunters in favor of the traders, and this is one of the reasons why.