Past Repairs

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

canff
Beta Tester

Past Repairs

Post by canff »

cap Past Repairs at 750..... i used 1000 to clear mines teh other day and as long as i have teh power to hit mines and some cd's i can keep going.. well money to but there is lots of that...

Anyone else see any point to have more then 750 past repairs? it will slow down miners a bit to... so people don't mine till 1500
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: Past Repairs

Post by Blade »

I agree with Sterl, this would also cap people who want to mine after trading to 300-400 reps
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Wizard64
Quiet One

Post by Wizard64 »

it gets extremely ineffective after a while anyways...I think JJ usually cleared to about 800 reps and he was doing almost nothing to the mines at that point...if CD's continue to do damage after that point and you're wanting to stop excessive clearing the diminishing returns formula on CDs vs. forces can always be changed. But again I agree with sterling it's not really necessary
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Blade wrote:I agree with Sterl, this would also cap people who want to mine after trading to 300-400 reps
Umm..thats a good thing..should be limiting people to 1 role at a time..Thought we had agreed on that in the movement cost thread..
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

No. There are diminishing returns for a reason. If you want to play constantly, go for it. Your repair costs will go through the roof, your efficiency at ANYTHING in the game will fall through the floor, and your alliance will hate you for draining the AA so you can have >800reps on a daily basis. I was in a FU last round clearing, and I hat 1100 repairs. By the end of it, none of my weapons hit (I was 650k with a laser setup, ACC gadget, and points in ACC), I was taking crazy damage from mines (more hit you the higher repairs you have), and I was basically resorting to clearing MAYBE one stack before having to risk getting to uno in my /9 before anyone got to me.

Trading efficiency is the easiest thing to see drop as your repairs fly up, so I don't even need to go there

Excavating has been discussed and will be tweaked by next round (i believe that was the consensus?)

And you can only mine as many seeds as you have. Unless you want to mine every sector, go for it. Spend your entire bank account on reps and mines. Have at it, and then I want you to come back here and tell me you would do it again. After having to keep up Sardine's minefield by myself for a few weeks, I was ready to never go to www.smrealms.de ever again. And I did a crappy job of it at that.

I see no valid reason to cap reps.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

For clarification, i interpreted Blades "mine" as excavate. IF there are gonna be diminishing returns to excavating, then it isnt going to be as much of an issue not having a cap..If force costs also increase (think we agreed on that in concept), then people mining too many turns wont be a problem. Oh yea..and repairs should cost more too..
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Baalzamon wrote: I was taking crazy damage from mines (more hit you the higher repairs you have), and I was basically resorting to clearing MAYBE one stack before having to risk getting to uno in my /9 before anyone got to me.
Mine damage doesn't increase with reps, however you will be killing less with your guns, meaning there's more to hit your ship.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

ah, ok then :-)
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

excavating needs to be carefully examined before changing, its already bad enough that in 3 games we have had 1 person with alien ships and 0 with the 5k gadgets, u tweak it down more and u wont ever see anyone with those again/ever
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

JettJackson wrote:excavating needs to be carefully examined before changing, its already bad enough that in 3 games we have had 1 person with alien ships and 0 with the 5k gadgets, u tweak it down more and u wont ever see anyone with those again/ever
5k gadget is like hunting that fortune drop in Diablo 2 or WoW, dont think it should be made any easier, I believe alient tech should be something seen closer to the end of a game, not in the middle, it should take a long time to get
The truth is there, just don't look blindly