Beta Team Behavior

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Beta Team Behavior

Post by Baalzamon »

For the past couple weeks, I have seen more crap then I want to deal with. You are all on the beta team because you bring up valid points and genuinely care about the game, and want to help improve it. Bashing each other for there opinions is childish. If you want to do it, take it to PMs. I don't want to read that crap on the webboard, over globals, or in chat. I hold the people in this group to a higher standard, I feel like everyone here should be able to both give and receive positive AND negative feedback in a polite manner. There is no reason, NO REASON, for you to be a royal pain in the butt to someone else because their opinions are different then yours, or because they podded you, or because you're getting sick of their style of play. This is not directed at any person in particular. I believe that just about everyone, including myself, has been guilty of this in the past.

So, here's the deal. If I see beta members spouting this stuff at each other on the webboard, your post is getting deleted. I can't, and wont, do anything about chat, and unless you are blatantly breaking rules, i won't do anything about the game. I think that so far I've been extremely fair and open minded about what is posted on the webboard, particularly in gray areas that in the past would have gotten deleted threads and webboard bans. But if any of you pull anything like that, I'm going to be a dick about it, and no one will like it.

This is a mature group of players, a group of players who know what they are doing, and have a good idea on how things should progress, so act like it. Work together, and drop alliances at the door.

Comments on this can be PMd to me.
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Beta Team Behavior

Post by Page »

I had this stickied as it remains true, and I reckon remains relevant. Personally I like the fact that most the beta team have different views on a lot of issues, it helps ideas get properly worked out from a bunch of different viewpoints, and the very rare time everyone agrees on an idea (has it happened yet?) it's obviously a good one =P
However when the arguments become personal rather than based on the merits of the suggestion it's a bad thing, so just bear that in mind.

Also I want to mention that this is not directed at anyone, I just wanted to have it on the forum.