Suggestion for next game

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Suggestion for next game

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, I didn't intend to start a big alliance in the first place. People (read: EE) should have had the common sense to not start out big. I ended CoD last round with the intention that everyone would scatter and start smalle newbie training alliances. But things turned out differently. There's nothing I rather do than disband EE, but as it stands now that would not improve the game.

Kah is right, there are many arguments against an official cap. I'd much rather have every vet in this game dedicate themselves to not join any alliance larger than 15 (or, if I was to say, 10 or even 5) people.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

EE has 20 active people, what's wrong with you? Our top xp-er is a newbie, he did learn to trade, but he didn't learn to sit still, just goes around dying. And he's not the only one. We're not really some mean guys, we just had decent organization.

I have newbies, like real newbies, but... most don't login :(
Use The Force(s)!
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Ok - now i'm gonna say something that might ;) you guys off, but if you think having 2 alliances with all the good players in it is a problem then guess what....you have the power to change it..personally restrict yourselves to 15 vets per alliance, work as a group of experienced players to spread the talent out.

You are looking at this from a very narrow and selfish perspective. By reducing the cap to 15 you go from having 2 active alliances to having 4 active alliances. 60 active players.. Hooray..But guess what. In 2-3 rounds time, there is still gonna be 4 active alliances, 60 active players..If that..probably less becuase people will get frustrated with the lack of growth.

By taking some responsibility, the group of experienced players has the power to split into 4 groups of 15 and then allow for 15 new players to join each group. Then you have 120 active players, then you have growth, then you have a game that will last.

Its really really really really really really really really simple. Really simple. You reduce cap, a few players get what they think is improved activity, they will think this signifies growth, but it will be short lived because the growth will be non-existant and will ultimately result in the death of the game.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I think to say I am looking at it in a narrow and selfish way is a bit unfair, we all know it's the players that build the alliances, including us, but with all good intentions everyone plays a game to do the best, and if that means pulling in 30 of the best and 30 of their best friends it will keep happening, just the same if we raise the cap to 40.

But you even stated it there we have a roughly 60 player base atm so while it stays like that it makes very little sense to having an alliance cap that has a game player base of 200 in mind, once we have the bugs settled, the new ideas in place we can relase 1.5.1 push for some advertisement awareness and bring back the 30 player cap. With hope we bring in new and old blood to the game to take a look.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

You are asking to cap the allaince size in a closed forum. Ask the question in an open forum and see if the players will go for it or not.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

The prob i see is if you go with 15... then it will be 2 or 3 max alliances with 15 vets/good players.... and no newbies will get into the good alliances... as they can and are now....

Put the newbie space back in... it will get them playing again...fi new players can be safe in racial space to trade....

As for naps we need to make a class for it...

Ie if an alliance has so much exp they can have this many naps.. of this type...
If they have this many kills they can have this many naps of tis type.....
this way the top alliances in the game can't work together...
But the small ones can to fight the huge big alliances that are more active and have more skills....
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Freon22 wrote:You are asking to cap the allaince size in a closed forum. Ask the question in an open forum and see if the players will go for it or not.
Dont think the forum is a great place either though, not everyone uses it.

I'll let this one drop as other changes to map, forces and few fixes may make this game alot better for all.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

I say you don't know until you try.