Page
SMR Coder

Re: Beta Changelog, Needs Testing!

Post by Page »

Sterling wrote:Buying "Excavate Bonus" gadget leads to white screen:

Query failed: Unknown column 'lasts_unti' in 'field list'
Should be fixed.
Sterling wrote:When buying ship size at the HQ:

There is a "lag" between buying and it showing up as bought.

I.E. says i can buy 2000 more ship size, I click buy 100, next screen says I can buy 2000 more ship size. If i CS then reenter shop, it says i can buy 1900 more ship size.

This type of error is showing up everywhere (in main too), i.e. excavating (stats are a page behind, as is alignment), buying gadgets, etc.
Ship size should be fixed, and the "lag" effect is because I cache the player details rather than retrieve from database constantly, but not all parts of the code have been changed to update the cache as well as db.
Sterling wrote:Repairs
Past Repairs: 820

Ship: Nyx Shade (1740 holds)
Buy:

Trading : You have just bought 1,740 units of Precious Metals for 1 credits.
Your excellent trading skills have gained you 89 experience points!

Sell:

Trading : You have just sold 1,740 units of Precious Metals for 1 credits.
Your excellent trading skills have gained you 59 experience points!

Buy:

Trading : You have just bought 1,740 units of Engineered Goods for 1 credits.
Your excellent trading skills have gained you 354 experience points!

I am concerned taht i'm getting exp for these trades though...cash seems to work well though.
Should no longer be getting exp at high repairs.
Edgecrusher wrote:When repairing your ship, the repair cost do not refresh right away. For example, if I repair 50 points for a cost of 200, the next screen still shows a repair cost of 200, where actually it is higher.

In fact, this seems to be a problem for many aspects of the game, that although the screen is refreshed, the information on the screen isn't.

Other than that, the repair cost being diminshed as a result of ship speed seems to be working fine, though I need to test it some more.
Fixed "lag"
Edgecrusher wrote:Something is wrong with accuracy. With 400 accuracy stats and 0 xp, I get this: Anti-Ship Missile (Heat-Seeking) 0/42/993 .
Fixed, forgot to divide by 100 to go from percent to decimal =(
Edgecrusher wrote:Okay, I know this has to do with the refresh bug, but something strange happened when trying to get a mission:

I first clicked 'Learn more', then got more info and was able to 'Accept mission'. However, when I clicked 'Accept Mission' I went back to the 'Learn more' screen and only when I clicked 'Learn more' again did I accept the mission. However, I was still taken to the 'Accept Mission' screen, which now had a 'You accepted mission' message on top, but I could still click 'Accept mission'. However, nothing happened when I did. Only when I manually refreshed screen it again gave me a message that I accepted the mission.

Also, I could not find the newbie mission. it, of course, should be at HQ, where a newbie starts, and should have no other requirements.
Shouldn't have the delay in mission appearing any more, and the newbie mission is automatically added when you join the game (what's the chances of a newbie looking in hq for a newbie mission?)
Freon22 wrote:In the game Lost.

When visiting Human HQ get error at top of page = Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/smr15files/government.php on line 13

Also looks like the new play task is stuck. First two task went ok but this one can not seem to finish.
Flying 101
Task : Head back to where you started (Sector: #552), if you've forgotten the way back then click Plot Course on the left and plot to #552

It maybe because of the HQ error.
Should be fixed.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Sterling wrote:Buying ship size:

First one went well. Then it said i had 1900 left on next screen without the "lag". good work. However, when I went to click on buy 100 again (with 1900 remaining), i got this error: Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHEREaccount_id = 1033 AND game_id = 22 LIMIT 1' at line 1

Easy fix for a pro like you:)
Pffft, silly mistake =(
Fixed.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

When buying ship upgrade points I get this error:
Query failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHEREaccount_id = 30 AND game_id = 22 LIMIT 1' at line 1

Then money is gone with no upgrade points.

Edit: :cry: Sterling beat me to this error. :-(
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Page wrote:

When visiting Human HQ get error at top of page = Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/smr15files/government.php on line 13

Also looks like the new play task is stuck. First two task went ok but this one can not seem to finish.
Flying 101
Task : Head back to where you started (Sector: #552), if you've forgotten the way back then click Plot Course on the left and plot to #552

Should be fixed.
The HQ error is fixed but the Task is not. Still can not complete this task.

Flying 101
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Freon22 wrote:
Page wrote:

Flying 101

Should be fixed.
The HQ error is fixed but the Task is not. Still can not complete this task.

Flying 101
That should also hopefully be fixed.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Was the 100k for a pod changed when you die, to match new ships, still think 100k is to much, use to be 25k, I think 50k for a pod is enough, 100k is worth newbies and vets alike port raiding for multi deaths to get money
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Breakdown/repairing needs testing again (moved to a method to stop the visual lag).
Council based stuff should also be tested at least quickly (removed unnecessary database access)
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

* Some mission fixes.
UNSURE
* Affect of mine level is now linear.
WORKS
* Add first newbie mission.
UNSURE
* Make repairing cost dependant on ship speed.
WORKS
* Money now diminishes as quickly as exp.
WORKS
* Drop minimum money from trade to 0% from 25%
WORKS
* Fix problem with NPCs being deleted but not the data in tables relating to them.
WORKS
* Check if gadget succesfully added before charging, and make into a transaction.
WORKS
* Update gadget status in $THIS_PLAYER on buying gadget.
WORKS
* Accuracy stat and level bonus to accuracy is now a dynamic rather than static increase. To reflect this the accuracy stat benefit has increased from 0.0285 to 0.04.
WORKS
* Fix downgrade spam-click bug.
WORKS
* Fix some possible flee bugs.
UNSURE
* Fix possible bug where NPCs wouldn't get defenses.
WORKS
* Fix a possible cause for browser lag.
WORKS
* Fix changing stats in beta.
WORKS
* Display errors when changing stats.
WORKS
* Always show interest even if none given.
UNSURE
* Edit Nyx trader (holds/speed).
WORKS
* Fix ship downgrading error.
WORKS
* Double movement cost. (0.1 to 0.2)
WORKS BUT SOMETIMES DOESNT LOSE SC ON A MOVE
* Change evil ship classes.
WORKS
* Edit to population increase check. (Now does all in one page load rather than one per page load)
UNSURE
* Ancient ship updates.
WORKS

The unsures i couldnt test of there were issues with, works well thats speaks for itself
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Change 25% of 0SC move to 15% chance to either add or substract 0.1SC to move cost.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Stop bump clearing causing multiple leaving the sector messages.