Beta Changelog, Needs Testing!

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Page
SMR Coder

Beta Changelog, Needs Testing!

Post by Page »

• Some mission fixes.
  • Affect of mine level on excavation gains is now linear.
  • Add first newbie mission.
  • Make repairing cost dependant on ship speed.
  • Money now diminishes as quickly as exp.
  • Drop minimum money from trade to 0% from 25%
  • Fix problem with NPCs being deleted but not the data in tables relating to them.
  • Check if gadget succesfully added before charging, and make into a transaction.
  • Accuracy stat and level bonus to accuracy is now a dynamic rather than static increase. To reflect this the accuracy stat benefit has increased from 0.0285 to 0.04.
  • Fix downgrade spam-click bug.
  • Fix some possible flee bugs.
  • Fix possible bug where NPCs wouldn't get defenses.
  • Fix a possible cause for browser lag.
  • Fix changing stats in beta.
  • Display errors when changing stats.
  • Always show interest even if none given.
  • Edit Nyx trader (holds/speed).
  • Fix ship downgrading error.
  • Double movement cost. (0.1 to 0.2)
  • Change evil ship classes.
  • Edit to population increase check. (Now does all in one page load rather than one per page load)
  • Ancient ship updates.
  • Change 25% chance for move to cost 0SC to 15% chance to add/subtract 0.1SC from move cost.
  • Stop bump clearing causing multiple "leaving the sector" scout messages.
  • Increase force prices.
    Mines: 25000
    CDs: 20000
    SDs: 1000
  • Remove upgrade costs from port credits.
  • Fix claiming missions at HQs.
  • Fix flee display for attacker.
  • Check if flee is going to another galaxy and load accordingly.
  • Remove the effect of force owner's level on weapon accuracy when shooting forces.
  • Change formula to hit mines so that a single will always hit on a 1 exit sector, and have decreasing chance according to number of exits (and increasing according to number of mines)
    Overall mines will be more likely to bring up attack screen but number attacking the player should stay almost the same.
  • Stop defender's combat drones firing at them when the attacker has targeting drones.
    Also use targeting drones for all attackers that have them equipped.
  • Maximum alliance size of 15.
  • Minimum experience for accessing planet defenses as 10k.
  • Made ship list look nicer by expanding more horizontally than vertically.
  • Drop Collosus CDs to 0 but up shields/armour to 2250.
  • Maneuverability wasn't actually having an effect on accuracy, it does now.
  • Add a minimum time of 1s between 2 shots processing to stop attack scripts (should be hardly noticeable to majority of hunters.
Last edited by Page on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Beta Changelog, Needs Testing!

Post by Page »

Is anyone going to test and report back on any of these?
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Is that what the beta team is suppose to do? :B.O.B.: Come on beta team lets do some real work now. I will be in the office most of the day tomorrow and will see what I can test.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i will test these tomorrow and report back
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

When repairing your ship, the repair cost do not refresh right away. For example, if I repair 50 points for a cost of 200, the next screen still shows a repair cost of 200, where actually it is higher.

In fact, this seems to be a problem for many aspects of the game, that although the screen is refreshed, the information on the screen isn't.

Other than that, the repair cost being diminshed as a result of ship speed seems to be working fine, though I need to test it some more.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Just stating, Daddy, that the effect is purely visual: what you see isn't what you get, but what you get is as it should.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Something is wrong with accuracy. With 400 accuracy stats and 0 xp, I get this: Anti-Ship Missile (Heat-Seeking) 0/42/993 .
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

When firing at someone who (I assume) had Flee equipped, my screen became black, nothing showing but the menus on the side. I got no message or anything, but my target moved to the next sector. The second time I hit him, he fired back, so I assume it was indeed Flee I triggered.

Also, I tested the accuracy with 0 experience vs a Spooky, and all my 27 level 1 guns hit him, which is not impossible but extremely unlikely.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Okay, I know this has to do with the refresh bug, but something strange happened when trying to get a mission:

I first clicked 'Learn more', then got more info and was able to 'Accept mission'. However, when I clicked 'Accept Mission' I went back to the 'Learn more' screen and only when I clicked 'Learn more' again did I accept the mission. However, I was still taken to the 'Accept Mission' screen, which now had a 'You accepted mission' message on top, but I could still click 'Accept mission'. However, nothing happened when I did. Only when I manually refreshed screen it again gave me a message that I accepted the mission.

Also, I could not find the newbie mission. it, of course, should be at HQ, where a newbie starts, and should have no other requirements.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

In the game Lost.

When visiting Human HQ get error at top of page = Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/mrspock/smrealms.de/beta/smr15files/government.php on line 13

Also looks like the new play task is stuck. First two task went ok but this one can not seem to finish.
Flying 101
Task : Head back to where you started (Sector: #552), if you've forgotten the way back then click Plot Course on the left and plot to #552

It maybe because of the HQ error.