NAPS

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

canff
Beta Tester

NAPS

Post by canff »

As for naps we need to make a class for it...

Ie if an alliance has so much exp they can have this many naps.. of this type...
If they have this many kills they can have this many naps of tis type.....
this way the top alliances in the game can't work together...
But the small ones can to fight the huge big alliances that are more active and have more skills....

Now i am to sick to work out numbers off my head right now so somone help P

But hard numbers say over 1 mill alliance exp and over 50 alliance kills you can't have more then 1 mine nap... etc...
If you have under 16 players you can have 1 full nap and any exp but less then 75 kills

I really think this is the way to go....

You would need to code in a page under the alliance naps that show what naps you can have and what ones are about to go away if say you get 2 more kills... etc...
It helps build as in the start people can all nap to who ever but as soon as we see it go more to 1 side it puts some power back to the others....

Ya ya this is a bad typed post and all that but the idea should be looked at....
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: NAPS

Post by Blade »

I am still against coded naps, I think it should be verbal only and it's down to each alliance to honour the agreement
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

It's not just that. Coded naps are the only way for small alliances to bust a big planet or port. But I don't see why we would make it too complicated: Any alliance under 5 members gets to do naps, everyone above doesn't.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Any alliance under 5 members is not an alliance. Should be an alliance 5 to 15 members can do naps, over 15 no, under 5 no.

Less then 5 members means that one man solo players can nap with other one man solo players. Kind of a waste of coding.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, for your information I have spent a large part of this round in a one-man alliance that was allied with any alliance with under five members. We shared message boards and the idea was that later on in the game we would bust ports or planets together. In total I think I had a network of about 20 people. Of course things turned out differently.

There is no reason to not call an alliance under 5 people an alliance. Why on earth would you dictate a minimum alliance size? If I want to work only with a few people, say, I want a small hunter's alliance, but I also want to be able to build routes, I need more people and naps are the only way to do that.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Excuse me Edgecrusher for getting you going there. lol If you want to say an alliance as being one players then by all means do it. But I don't think a solo player defines an alliance. The only reason I picked 5 players as the min for being an alliance is because in the old SM you had to have at lease 5 players in an alliance inorder to do any treaties.

I also picked 15 as the max for naps because you dictated 5 as the max and I think that is to low.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

thats old SM.

I think NAPs could be capped at 15/16 players per alliance. I'd also agree with lowering alliance caps for a round just to see what we see.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

xDx also suggested to limit alliance cap to me, and I do agree I'd like to see more alliances rather than grouped together. Would prefer to limit number of vets/newbs separately but as it is user rankings aren't good enough for that and even if better rankings were in beta it'd take at least a round for the ranking to start making some real sense.

Either way this really needs to get the opinion of the rest of SMR.

Edit: Just realised this was for NAPS as opposed to alliance cap, but they've become so intertwined it's hard to tell which thread is which when reading :P
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

We are looking at going to a 15 player cap, but what worries me is we still have NAPS in place, so I think we will see no change apart from a few extra alliance names.

It's something that needs to be fine tuned, or taken away like of old.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

I think naps should be on a player to player setup.. till we get bigger...Each player can nap with up to 5 other players...

Player naps are 3 options
#1 Force nap

#2 Trade nap Can't attack them when in a trade class ship....If the player goes to any other class of ship... the nap is gone ... if you can code that way i don't know....

#3 Full nap work as a team...same as if they were in the alliance... but can't land on planets... just fight together...

Part 2

Alliance can make temp naps with up to 5 players that are for 3 hours max... with a 24h cool down...only options are full nap and force nap
So each player will have a max of 10 people that they can have some kind of nap with...But really only 5 and the short alliance naps...

Alliance naps are only for 3 hours..just so they can still get help from up to 5 people for ops if needed....This way we don't kill the alliance naps but we turn it into something new and usefull.

Anyone think this could work....