Time line for next game?

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Time line for next game?

Post by Edgecrusher »

I agree with Canff that a semi-wars may attract some old people back to the game. I hope they won't be put off by all the new features too quickly, but they certainly will when we do a chaos round: the huge xp benefit in combat still hasn't been fixed, and all the other fixes are still in beta. If we do have a chaos round to test the changes already made in beta, then make everyone Spooky so that the xp benefit doesn't bother anyone.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I do like semi-wars but it loses it's fun quite quickly =(
So it'd have to be a couple days max.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

ya no more then 3 days and 2 is a good number... 48 hours...

Other question is how long do we want this round of beta to keep going? it may be good to give a time line... so people can see if they want to trade more or go all out ....a lot of alliances may move into smaller ones to make it more fun we just need a date for next game....
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Gotta ask this:

This game is in beta, so my understanding of games in beta phases are - you restart a game when you have a raft of new things to launch. If we restart round too soon, major changes which miss the deadline then have to get put on hold until next resart.

To me theres alot of things which should get finished before another launch.

Unfortunately i think this is an occaision where i think its important that the changes dictate when games change, not when players get bored.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Well there are quite a few changes that need to be tested in an actual round (the major balance ones) and as it is, if you delay it for any major implementations then that will be after Christmas since I don't finish coursework/exams until the 19th December (maybe a couple days earlier if lucky)
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

KK - if thats the case then go for it. Just didnt want people pressuring things into a new round if we were closish to more implementations.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

It's always a struggle between how far the round has gotten to and what's new to be put in.

Anyway, we set the date?
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Give me a date and i'll have a map poll up and ingame messages sent.
canff
Beta Tester

Post by canff »

holding off for enough new stuff to test....... whats the point if there is no one left to play ........in the last week we had 4 or 5 vets stop playing....thats huge with our numbers right now.... can't test with no one to test with....Thats why i ask for a date....not i am sick of playing... i want to see the game stay up...and live through this beta... and to do that you need to keep people happy..If they are all leaveing then well guess what they are not happy...
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

The vets who are leaving arnt going to stay just because a new round starts. They are leaving cause they don't enjoy the actual game anymore and are smart enough to realise that every time a new round starts it effectively the same game.