MR underpowered

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

MR underpowered

Post by Infinity »

We went from 6MR points per 1% accuracy, to 12MR points per 1% accuracy. What I've seen so far is that MR weps, unless used in great number (eg. JJ with 7-8 Nyx EMPs, tho even that is debatable, I was still shooting fine while JJ was missing a lot) have become useless. None of the combat logs I've seen so far where one person has lost lot of MR show any effect on shooting. Never the less, carrying EMP guns has become unnecessary (I haven't had one on board this round, and honestly, I didn't need them).

In particular, trading ships are a bit hurt with this, as their higher MR doesn't help them much, neither does my 400 stat points in MR (also, gain from 400 points in accuracy is currently far greater than 56 additional MR points).

What I'm suggesting is a little tweak to make MR make a difference, say 9-10MR points per 1% acc. Thoughts?
Use The Force(s)!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: MR underpowered

Post by Blade »

From our little test in Beta, combat doesn't seem that bad, just need to test a 250k ship against a PSF to see more
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Yeah, with new accuracy thingy... We should see MR influence too, currently it doesn't exist and adding stat points to MR is a waste. Also, WQH and Thevs become underpowered as well, cause their racial trait is high MR (more for WQH tho, but you get my point).
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i hope so because high acc weaps are a bit too overpowered right now, it shouldnt be automatic hits for them
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, shouldn't we include a reduction of the level benefit in any discussion on MR? I know the effect is relative now, and that should make a difference, but the formulas are still favoring a high xp attacker too much.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Guys, this has nothing to do with xp... I have the impression out of all of combat logs this round that MR means nothing. Losing 130 MR in a fight means nothing, people with lower xp than mine would (I had 1mil, they had 500k or similar) would wreck my MR (LS would drop from 519 to 390 or so) and I'd still be hitting with ALL weps, and I don't have stats in accuracy.

Let's change it in beta to 9-10 and test it all together with the new accuracy thing and see how it goes.
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

You would still hit with all weapons because your accuracy is grossly overpowered. The MR should be balanced relative to the level benefit to accuracy. Your solution is to strengthen MR, but I think that is the wrong response to the problem, because it will lead to high xp people in high MR ships (like the shadow) that will be even more invincible than they are now. Lower the level benefit to accuracy and you accomplish the same without it getting even more out of hand.

You're right, we just need to test this in beta, but look at the accuracy formula first. As far as I am concerned, it is even an option to take out MR completely, as I don't see what it adds to the concept of accuracy.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Found that MR didn't actually have any effect due to a bug - it's now fixed in beta.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

So just forget what I was saying :D
Use The Force(s)!
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

:lol: :lol: Thats good! :lol: :lol:
Not saying anything bad Page. It just underlines what I have been saying about getting things balanced. By trying to balance, bugs that are unknown are found. But it still needs to be checked and ajusted if need be.

Good Cach!