Mine problems

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: Mine problems

Post by Blade »

I also have another big gripe about so many mines in none planet galaxies, a lot of you fly around in FA's, FU's, but some of us dont have jump or Fed ships, just hitting 1 lot of 73 mines takes out 100 shields, I tried to weapon up today, every dam warp I got to yes I hit mines, and got bored so I am back in fed and I will remian there this game until the next unless things change.
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

But next game I beleive we are brining in different mine expiry times, so that mining neutrals will be less effective
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Sterling wrote:I do not like that solution, as I think mining neutrals (routes, locations, outside your planet galaxy) is a very valid tactic. However, the mass mining is not. We need a way to discourage indiscriminate mining while promoting using mines as a means of defense. Planets are too weak until too late in the game as it is now anyways.
If the times are carefully selected then it should take a lot more upkeep to mine neutrals but not be impossible to do. Meaning it would only be worthwhile to mine key points.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

My solution for mines has always been cost. Increase the cost of mines, money controls what an alliance can and can not do within the game. But one of the problems with SMR 1.5 is there is to much money. Money needs to be balanced, I can not think of much in smr 1.5 that doesn't need balancing.

We should be looking at trying to balance what is already in the game. Like Planets, ships, Money, Exper, ....
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Sterling wrote:That leads to more work. Which requires more organization. Which unfairly rewards the bigger alliances with more players/time/resources. We want everyone to play.
Bigger more active alliances are always going to have the advantage, unless we add penalties based on the total exp/kills/etc of an alliance then there's not really any way to change it. This is just to stop big alliances being able to halt the game for everyone else
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I gotta agree with Sterling here. Also, I gotta half agree with Freon, forces price should be doubled. However what I don't agree on is that there's too much money in the game.

If our savings account averaged on 15B with lowest ship price of 400 mils (top racial + 15 upgrades) that's 38 ships. In SMR1 38 ships would cost, completely equipped (17.5 mils was enough for Fury, which was the most expensive top racial in the game), 665mils. A solid alliance (I was in System Failure for a long time, and we died a lot, A LOT, but we always had cash) would usually average on about 800-900mils (if not even more) on AA. That's, in SMR1, additional 10-15 warbirds, or if you like total of 48-53 ships.

Currently, there's too much money from ports, which is being worked on. Apart from that, there isn't too much money. Plus... next round starts with some tweaks in cash gain formulae and there will be even less money.

Play the game.
Use The Force(s)!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

So you agree with Sterling Kiky, but continue with the mine policy even though FE has split and there are bits and piece alliances in the game, excuse me of I seem to be a little dumb here but you confuse me?

I disagree, to agree, the mines are like they are because the mentality set is mines mines mines, hunters had other uses, they didnt just pray on newbies in racials, they were also used to protect or hunt valuable locations, like CA's, big neutral ports, and so on.

The mentaillity of the players need to change, and vets like use need to be the ones to change it, all leaders and vets need to make a summit and agree that mines should not be used in neutrals unless for defensive purposes, like defence of ports but no more than 1 sector, Uno can be singled to your warp and 1 sector deep all round, no connecting warps to be mined, unless used to stop hunters hunting you while you trade or your hunting that warp actively.

Why should the game change drasically because we mine more? Would be good to make this political, each leader makes up a galactic summit, aside from the racial council, they vote on issues and have the power to veto votes and fine alliances for mass mining, the summt should be able to see a % of mines to sectors in the game by each alliance (not the sectors mined just a percentage of the map) and if above a certain % be able to fine the offending alliance, make this a little more interesting, so if an alliance wants to be an arse and ;) off the entire game, then be prepared to be heavily fined for doing so.

This also involves the enitre player base because they will be forced by leaders to stop, (summit made up of alliances of 5 or more people say?)