Mines solutions suggestions - list

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Mines solutions suggestions - list

Post by Infinity »

I've went thru all the threads regarding this subject, there were some simple solutions that can be put right in, before we start with the new round and some other that might take more time (I really don't know from the perspective of current code, DB structure how hard it is).

So here we go:

1. double the forces price (I don't think this needs any discussion)

2. max stack size lowered from 225/225/23 to 150/150/15, basically it's altering the "bigger stacks" stat points category from 50% per 100 points to 28.6% per 100.

3. single mines should work as they used to

4. lower expiry times for stacks WITH mines in neutrals and racials
There were some suggestions with very low time in racials, meaning a hunter won't be able to make a trap few hrs prior to his target going out to trade, so this needs to be done carefully as I wouldn't like to see some tactics completely taken out of the game cause of expiry times. What I was thinking is about 4 to 6hrs in racials, and 1 day in neutrals, so alliances can keep some locations in neutrals mined but the effort for keeping those forces in place aka refreshing is more time consuming and requires organization. Scout expiry shouldn't change, or should even be higher. Current times for a full stack are 7 days in planet galaxies, 3 days in neutrals, 1 day in racials. Full scout stacks however last longer and that's the part that should be kept as is.

5. tweaking formulae for chance to hit, number of mines/CDs to hit and weapon accuracy when clearing so that forces owner level has no effect at all, and perhaps raising the past repairs until which weps do damage to forces from 900 to 1000-1100.
This:: $this_wep['Modified Accuracy'] -= $force_owner->getLevelID() / 4; then goes out.
Percent to hit isn't affected by owner xp lvl, just checked it

6. there was a suggestions about making cost of clearing dependable on the galaxy type, so racials get the lowest clearing cost and planet galaxies highest, but if the expiry times are tweaked this wouldn't be necessary.

Hopefully I haven't missed anything out.
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Mines solutions suggestions - list

Post by Edgecrusher »

Yeah, I think that's it, although I strongly disagree on #6 and I don't think we agreed on that.
Last edited by Edgecrusher on Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

We didn't, it was just a suggestion, and as I said if expiry times are fixed, no need for that. But first 5 gotta go in for the new round.
Use The Force(s)!
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

ya, i agree. no to #6, yes to all the others.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

yes to all but 6
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Wizard64
Quiet One

Post by Wizard64 »

Sounds good to me, 1-5 have solid discussion backing them. As for number 6 i think it was offered as a possible alternative to the neutral->planet corridors but not necessary with those and shorter lifespans on mines.
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

a good hunter makes his trap within minutes, not really hours, 1 hour racials is fine, and 1 day in neutral is a bit much still IMO, 8 hours is more than enough, it's still very possibly to mine the hell out neutral and up keep it maintained pretty easily with 24 hours expiry
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

1) Price needs to be more than doubled. Factor of 5 increase atleast

4) Single scout in racials to last 24 hours.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Blade, cautious trader never comes out to trade when I'm on CPL, I can set a trap within seconds, but what's it worth if the dude won't come out for another hour?! I've waited more than one trader this round like that, for 2-3 hrs, and yes I did get them after those 2-3 hrs, otherwise I wouldn't as they wouldn't move. And I wouldn't if I had no mines there most likely, as I can't pull out 2 shots per second.
Use The Force(s)!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

1) Price needs to be more than doubled. Factor of 5 increase atleast
No, no, no, trust me on this, I know how much money goes into the minefield and diminishing returns formula for profit has been scaled down to same amount of repairs as xp gain together with doubled cost of movement there's gonna be far less cash in the game.
Use The Force(s)!