Re: Mines solutions suggestions - list

Post by Blade »

Bump, this still needs to be addressed force expriy is too short
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

Classic has shown us I think that it's not just 1.5, it is a problem that has cursed SMR, and something that will not change as it's the peoples choice in strategy. Mine the f**k out of everything and let nothing breath......

I say they only way foward is to simply cap the amount of forces an alliance can have in total, this way the leader has to think about where their mine spread is best placed, at the moment there is just far to much free roam to mined down a complete game.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

I don't think lowering force expire time or capping the amount of forces an alliance can have is a good idea. It maybe better to increase the cost, like right now a mine cost 10,000 so a HBC that carries 150 mines runs 1,500,000 credits. If the cost of mines was increased to 50,000 per mine, then a HBC of 150 mines would cost 7,500,000.

This serves two purposes one it removes more money out of the game. Two an alliance needs to plan better on where they want their mine fields. So keep the scout and combat drone prices the same but increase the cost of mines.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Price of forces is already raised in 1.5 Freon.... and they are very expensive (from alliance leader point of few, taking into account money that can be made). Reason why is Blade raising this issue again is because mass mining is general style of game play to many players and it didn't happen in current round of 1.5 only because we screwed ... excuse me... I screwed the forces expiry time when making the map.

In classic, forces prices are balanced with alliance's earnings, and that's not what we're discussing here.

As for Blade's suggestion... which stacks would be limited? Single scouts? Any stack with mines? What would happen if you drop a single mine while chasing a trader and you get "ERROR: Your alliance has reached max number of stacks!"?

It's very delicate.
Use The Force(s)!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

You cant just make forces stupidily exspensive as you just hurt the solo hunter or even player even more.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I've currently added these constants to 1.6:

const MAX_EXPIRE_TIME = 432000; // 5 days
const TIME_PER_SCOUT_ONLY = 86400; // 1 = 1 day
const TIME_PER_SCOUT = 8640; // 10 = 1 day
const TIME_PER_COMBAT = 8640; // 10 = 1 day
const TIME_PER_MINE = 8640; // 10 = 1 day

So each of these can be easily tweaked, currently no notice is paid to game speed or galaxy type but that could also be added.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

In 1.5 there is to much money so yes raising the cost would do nothing, in 1.0 there is less money while mines are cheap. How is one of the ways to hurt an alliance? In the wallet! Shields are cheaper then mines. In 1.5 nothing is balanced, in 1.0 mines were balanced with money, turns, and galaxy size. When the all knowing few increased turn rates to 1.5 and above and made galaxies smaller that balance went out the window.

I'll just bow out of this thread. I thought the thread title was "Mines solutions suggestions - list" so I was adding a idea, sorry.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Freon, in a few months you'll be vinegar... :lol:

Seriously, I don't think we should take 1.5 as a starting point for any discussion. It has many nice ideas, but to benefit from any of them we will have to think them out from a classic SMR background.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Edgecrusher wrote:Freon, in a few months you'll be vinegar... :lol:
I was hoping to become a fine wine! Yes, No, Maybe? :lol:

Anyway it was just an idea, no biggee.
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

If you do max mines for an alliance, make it also dependent on the players.

IE, an alliance can save (as a example figure) have 30,000 total mines (not counting CDs or SDs). If they have 30 players, each player can have a max of 1,000 mines (30000 / 30). However, if they have only 25 people, then each player can have 1,200 mines (30000 / 25).

However, lets say they have 30 players, but five of them are hunters who don't seed their planet gal, those 5 hunters still get to place their 1,000 mines anywhere they want, and the planet gal only gets 25,000 mines. So you can still cap the max number of mines floating around, but a hunter/trader can still control if they have enough mines for their own personal use by restricting the number of seeds they have in the planet gal.
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey