The Aether ship is way to big

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Blade
Admin Emeritus

The Aether ship is way to big

Post by Blade »

2k shields and 500 CD's is a Colosus of old with an attitude, also comes with 2 weapons, cloak and IG, it's a monster godly ship, even with the low Manuev, but CD's do not take in to account of manuev
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: The Aether ship is way to big

Post by Blade »

The Aether
Rating : 30/63
Shields : 3300/3300
Armor : 570/570
CIJSD : **-*-
Ship Condition : 99.3/100

Death Cruiser
IG Rating : 37/19

Cloak Active

Forces
[X]Mines : 50/50
[X]Combat : 740/740
[X]Scout : 10/10

Cargo Holds (0/0)
Empty : 0
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Like there's anyone to excavate for those.
Use The Force(s)!
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

That is not the issue, the issue is it is too big.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i agree that it is too big, its like a glorified collasus with more hp, and yes people will excavate up to 2000 they have the last 3 games
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

JettJackson wrote:i agree that it is too big, its like a glorified collasus with more hp, and yes people will excavate up to 2000 they have the last 3 games
Screw the HP, they don't matter, it's the CDs that will kill. That's what we found with the colossus, the only way Blade could kill me once it was changed was put around 16 upgrades into CDs for a ship that starts with none =O (I had no upgrades in a DC though)

As it is I expect that it's unlikely anyone will excavate long enough to get the ship because of higher cost for moving hurting excavating and I'm pretty sure there weren't many that did it before either, but excavation is changed (made easier but more exclusive) this will have to as well.

Maybe reduce the shields drastically but increase CDs slightly? That way it can hit damn hard, but it's firepower gets reduced very quickly. Kind of like the Wasp but with more defence against mines.
Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

I'm not saying the Aether isn't a little bit big, but lets look at the facts about mining,

I currently have 180 Alien knowledge in Tartarus, and I have been mining each day up to around 400 - 500 repairs, it then becomes uneconomic to carry on, as it's about 15mill to repair in a PSF... with those repairs, I can clean out about 2 - 4 rocks, which doesn;t really net me much in the way of useful goods

My Aether knowledge is 69.................

So for my 2 weeks of mining I have 1/11th of the amount I would need to get a ship in tartarus, and 1/28th what I would need in Aether

So as the game only lasts 3 months, I'm currently going to make it, just as the game finishes.... great (for tartarus only) :angry: . as even if I continued to averagely gain tartarus at this rate, I'd be at it for another 10 weeks

True I do trade the first 200 repairs, so only mine with about 200 - 300, taking that into acount that I trade around 50% and mine 50%, somebody may be able to mine it to an alien ship in 6 weeks (but of course we then need to take into account the cost, as I fund my mining by my previous trading, if they were just mining, they would be a huge sink hole to an allaince, and a solo player wouldn't be able to do it. Aslo if they did ever make it they would be flying a big ship with no xp... and could be killed reasonably easily...

as for the 5k alien knowledge gadgets, I feel they are so far beyond attaining in a 3 month game, they're not worth talking about..

So for mining that hard for that long, we need to make sure they get a pretty decent ship, that is some way in advance of an off the peg, anybody can buy, ship
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, regardless of the discussion about the ather ship, do I get it right that we don't expect people to excavate much because it sucks? Then what happened to our discussions about making excavating a third carreer path? If ecavating apparently is not taken into account in any discussion, why keep it at all? And if it is, then Blade's post is still relevant.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Edgecrusher wrote:Well, regardless of the discussion about the ather ship, do I get it right that we don't expect people to excavate much because it sucks? Then what happened to our discussions about making excavating a third carreer path? If ecavating apparently is not taken into account in any discussion, why keep it at all? And if it is, then Blade's post is still relevant.
Don't expect them to excavate much this game because the fact is, it does suck. When it is a third career path then I do expect people to excavate for it, just means we have more time to work out exactly how the ship should be changed/if it needs to be changed (if excavating is a career path of it's own then I'd expect it'd need suitable rewards which might be the aether as it currently is)
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I excavated for 3 days, and only managed to get 87 elite drones rest were the ones below

Personal Endeavors
Government Help: 22315
Past Knowledge: 11988
Aether Knowledge: 136
Erebus Knowledge: 65
Nyx Knowledge: 53
Tartarus Knowledge: 81

it is based on a lot of luck, it would be nice to see excavating have some skill or thinking involved.

But very p[ossible to get the ship, if you concentrate on just excavating IMO