User Rankings

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: User Rankings

Post by Edgecrusher »

I think we have a misunderstanding here. I thought we were talking about a measure to distinguish newbies from vets. I am not implying that this measure is public, just that we can use it to determine a maximum number of naps etc, as we suggested in other posts. Of course I didn't mean a way to rank the players, because Thevian hunters would always win.

If you are talking about a publicly available player ranking like we used to have in the hall of fame, then I'd say a good starting point is the list we had back then.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

I'm pretty sure that there was a nice detailed post about this before last round that kiky, jj, and I worked on for quite a while one night. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Ok, now the HOF is done we need to get some serious numbers on this, you can see the ones that have been "unlocked" in beta already, and basically anything can be added.

I'm thinking we should do it as user score where each stat is worth a different amount and we have a couple of point levels where people get different treatment (eg at a certain score they go from NMV to GS)

Edit: something a bit like this: http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9949
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I've changed the user ranking system in beta, I'll post about the numbers that it's currently using sometime tomorrow.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key ... FHdJLheKDA
That gives a rough idea of how the scoring system currently works.

Basically each stat is multiplied by a modifier, I chose 0.1 for exp and 1000 for kills, so that 10,000 traded exp = 1 kill
Then the score that we get from that is raised to the power 0.9, this means that as you get more and more in 1 stat it is worth less (helps people who participate in multiple parts of the game get a higher score easily)
Then all the individual scores are added together and raised to the power 0.6, this just means it's harder to get the higher ranks.

Something I've thought about changing is about using the score before the ^0.6 and just have the points required for higher ranks grow exponentially (this will give a better idea of how long it will take to get, and mean that increasing score doesn't just grow to a standstill very quickly)

Overall formula is currently: (∑((Stat*StatModifier)^0.9))^0.6
(With 100 points per rank)
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

so is every single one of those numbers going to have a rank title? (I hope you call me a dumbass and say of course not)

And I like the idea of exponentially increasing the ranks.
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Baalzamon wrote:so is every single one of those numbers going to have a rank title?
I heard they were and also I heard that you were the one that was going to name each one. :lol:

I like this ranking system also, good job Page.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

I'll name each one after myself. And the top rank will be "I still die when I leave my Trade Ship"

Thank you Page for telling me to side scroll.
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

Alternatively (im REALLY pushing for this "career" based ranking system) you could have a few main careers...trading, hunting, opping, mining. Each career has their set requirements to up their rank in each field. Each players are constantly advancing in all 4 areas at the same time, and depending on what they do, they excel in specific ones faster then others. As you reach each rank, you get something different.

Trader:
30,000 traded xp : +1.5% Trade profit, -1.5% acc
90,000 traded xp: +1.5% Trade exp, -1.5% Defense
180,000 traded xp: +3% Trade profit, -3% acc
310,000 traded xp: +3% Trade exp, -3 % Defense
and so on

Hunter
3 kills: +1.5% acc, -1.5% Traded cash
9 kills: +1.5% damage, -1.5% Traded exp
18 kills: +3% acc, -3% trade profit
31 kills: +3% damage, -3% traded exp

Opper*:
+1.5% Shield Increase, -3 max relations with races other then your own
+1.5% Armor Increase, -3 max relations with races other then your own
+3% Shield Increase, -3% Trade profit
+3% Armor Increase, -3% Acc in Ship v Ship combat

Miner*:
+1.5% Force expiry time, -1.5% accuracy
-1.5% Force cost, -1.5% Traded cash
+3% Scout capacity on ship, -3% Shield capacity on ship
+3% Mine capacity on ship, -3% Armor capacity on ship

*=I have no idea what the requirements for each stat level would be

But as it goes on, there can be more tangible gains and losses...possibly for traders +10 maximum relations, which would give more then perfect exp/cash, coupled with the stats gaining a % cash and exp to begin with..that would be great.

These numbers were just pulled out of a hat, and just an idea to possibly consider.

Edit: I kinda stole this idea from someone...canff maybe? I dunno...i saw the post here: http://smrcnn.smrealms.de/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4872 but most of you don't have access to that forum anyway