Attack with 0 SC

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

canff
Beta Tester

Re: Attack with 0 SC

Post by canff »

I don't like the 0 sc attacking...should cost something...
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Damn I am going to have to agree with Edgecrusher. Firing your weapons is something that you should always be able to do. Not being able to move but for waiting for each delay to pass is the penalty for running out of SC. When your SC is 0 you are a sitting duck, anyone can move into your sector and fire then go and uno if needed and return and fire again. The most your target is going to move in that time is maybe 2, 3 sectors at the most. Also let the SC go below 0 it will be just that much longer before they can get to safey.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Danger of moving 20 seconds per sector equalizes with being able to shoot on 0 SC. I ;) my pants every time it happens to me.
Use The Force(s)!
Swagman
Quiet One

Post by Swagman »

if you stopped 0SC firing, then any trader stuck at 0SC, should also not be able to automatically return fire, if fired upon., which seems a bit unfair...

but perhaps they should have been more careful.

perhaps the same delay in moving, should precede a shot, eg sometimes it will go through, and other times say your at 25sc, it will take 2 seconds before it engages ?

this will of course force all hunters to travel sround on about 60 SC at all times, so shooting doesn;t take them below 30sc
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Which would make hunting even more complicated than it is now with low scout expiry time, PSFs that are already /22, low cash, doubled movement cost... blah
Use The Force(s)!
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Well, I strongly disagree with Swag for the reasons kiky mentioned, but in principle he is correct. The term 'ship condition' is confusing, because at the moment it functions as 'engine condition'. I think it should, and that it also should not affect anything else than moving. If my engine breaks down, then why shouldn't I be able to look out the cockpit window to see my local map?

Anyway, besides that rather silly discussion, no one has given any arguments against firing at 0 sc. I mentioned a few situations in which it would be bad, like sitting at racial headquarters, in fleets and so on, and I have even given a suggestion to solve this problem (allow it only for hunters, comparable to only allowing raiding for raider-type ships), so why are we still discussing it?