Attack with 0 SC

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Blade
Admin Emeritus

Attack with 0 SC

Post by Blade »

It is possible to keep attacking even at 0 SC and keep attacking, I killed a 0/78 spooky with my ship that started with 0.1 SC, this shouldn't be possible, you should not be able to attack surely??
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Re: Attack with 0 SC

Post by Blade »

Oh and I was at no time punished for any seconds like you are with movement
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Only trying to move causes you to break down. With shooting it's perfectly possible, but you do need some way of escaping at the end - like emergency repairs or escape home, otherwise you're a sitting duck.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

Well yeh..But you shouldn't be able to do shoot with 0SC...Or if you are allowed to it should eat into past repairs like it does when you break down under 10sc..

like 10-15past repairs per shot when under 10sc methinks..
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I disagree. I have times when I fire at and kill a trader and end up with <5 ship condition. I like to buy as little repairs as possible and regularly end up with very little. Yes, it makes me a sitting duck, but no one is attentive enough to read the news and come after me, so I manage to drag myself to fed.

If I would get 10-15 past repairs for shooting below a certain level of repairs, that would completely screw my hunting strategy. I think being a sitting duck is punishment enough, BUT the problem Blade mentioned is much worse when you do it when sitting on an uno (or CA, for ikky's). This means that as long as you have cash, you can repair and fire. this is particularly nasty when sitting in racial HQ, where you also have repairs a mouseclick away. And there's one other case where this could be bad: when fighting in fleets. You're not a sitting duck, because you have ypur mates with you, but you are able to infinitely trigger for them.

Can't we make it a feature that only allows hunters to fire below 0 SC? They are never going to sit at HQ, because there the traders are protected. Raiders would not be allowed to fire below 0 SC, and for traders I think it is not even relevant.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I agree with Edge, fully, and with the suggestion.
Use The Force(s)!
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

No one should be able to shoot below 0SC..

i think its ludicrous to suggest that a player's ship cant do a simple thing like moving from 1 sector to another but its capable of performing combat maneuvres indefintely? Cool.

It's not 0 if its not a limit.....And yea edge, i understand you want to repair as little as possible, but there is a trade off..Like in old smr, i dunno about you but i missed alot of kills when i thought i had enough turns only to take the last shot and get "You do not have enough turns to complete this action".

No. No. No. Shooting takes large amounts of ship condition. Why should it suddenly take none? No No No. Dumb Dumb..
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Shooting, imo, takes TOO MUCH ship condition.
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

i disagree, i think the amount of ship condition it takes is sufficient, no one should be able to kill 10-15 people in a night, 5 kills a night on a good hunter is more than enough to prove this works as it is
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

kah, your argument doesn't hold. Firing at someone while you're almost out of turns happens only once per day. I repair about 20-30 times a day. And 0 repairs being an absolute limit is also not true: you can still move with 0 repairs, it's just taking very long.

This is one of those cases in which someone who doesn't play clearly doesn't know what he's talking about, no offense meant. My hunting strategy (I also use it for trading, btw) of repairing often and little is a way to deal with the concept of ship condition that is fully legitimate. Being able to shoot at low ship condition is something that is possible now: by taking it out you will make my strategy impossible. You can have good arguments for that, and I will just have to adapt, but then first explain to me what is wrong with my arguments and suggestion.