No votes
Other?
No votes

Total votes: 11

Page
SMR Coder

Meetings

Post by Page »

Well, I reckon trying to set up regular (fortnightly?) meetings of what is happening/will be happening/should be done would be a good idea (open to all of SMR).
Realistically it has to be a time I can make (seeing as I expect a lot of the stuff will be directed at me, and without me it probably wouldn't work), so I'm thinking weekends are probably a good time. What's good for you guys? (be nice to have a good showing from beta team).

In terms of what to discuss there'll be the new plans for next game, some people (Kiky/Blade I think - can't search logs) were talking about keeping notes on what we do in beta and a todo list as well which would be good to talk about and show what we're doing as well as get input.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Meetings

Post by Infinity »

Weekends are mostly fine, unless perhaps saturday evenings, as I might go out ofc.
Use The Force(s)!
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

please if you can make them US friendly
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

JettJackson wrote:please if you can make them US friendly
Say what times count as "US friendly" =P it might involve getting up in the morning (I know, shock horror! =O ) but I do want to get a time that is as reasonable as possible to the majority of people (hence why I think weekend is safest bet).
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

With Xmass right around the corner most of my free time is used shopping and getting things done. :(

So when were you thinking? This month, next month? I think a meeting is a good idea just tuf time of the year.
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Well I might try one over the Christmas period, but I expect it to be pretty quiet if one is done. I have quite a bit going on myself and sure most people do. But I definitely want it to become a regular thing after the holidays. So maybe one around the 27th Dec weekend or just wait until January. Either way I'd like to get some ideas on time etc sorted and then get planning for the things that will be discussed and announce etc.

Edit, as I said in the initial post I'd like it to be a regular thing, so maybe every fortnight, or every month. Don't want too long of a gap so that it keeps the interaction and so players can see what we're getting up to and what's happening. As it is now very little information is getting through to the players (changelogs are kinda the majority of it I expect, at least from me)
Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

Post by Baalzamon »

until after new years, it would have to be date-by-date. Let me know of a time/date possibility and I will see what I can do. Just because of split parents and going to their places and then my grandparents (who are also split) and whatnot...
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Baalzamon wrote:until after new years, it would have to be date-by-date. Let me know of a time/date possibility and I will see what I can do. Just because of split parents and going to their places and then my grandparents (who are also split) and whatnot...
I want it as dates/times that are normally good, doesn't have to hold during special occasions like holidays (I expect meetings at those times to be pretty bare, and possibly canceled), just for the majority of the time.
Kahless_
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Kahless_ »

The worst idea ever. =)
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

I said yes, simular to what I suggested with a regular Beta news letter
The truth is there, just don't look blindly