New Message System

Ask Page...

Moderators: JettJackson, Infinity, Page

Baalzamon
Destroyer of his own FU

New Message System

Post by Baalzamon »

This was talked about a long time ago, pre-1.5 release. An improved messaging system, with a "Sent" folder, "recieved" folder, "Drafts", the ability to quote messages you're replying to, and a Reply button on the message. HK Had a screen shot of TW's messaging system, which is what we were modeling it after. I'll see if I can dig it up.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Re: New Message System

Post by JettJackson »

the only one i think is needed is a sent folder, the rest are either in the game or not needed imo
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

I thought we already had a recieved folder.. Well multiple ones =P

Sent would be nice, drafts I don't see being hugely necessary but possibly, reply button on the actual message is definitely needed and is easy to add on top of that.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Does this really have any priority?
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Reply button would take about 2 mins to do (just simply adding a link). Sent folder wouldn't be too hard to do - just add a way of viewing messages where the sender == the viewer rather than the recipient. Would need a deleted flag for both though so that it was still there for the other when one deleted it.

I reckon the reply has priority (due to how much easier it will make messaging and how easy it is to add) but sent folder can wait a while.