How can I stay alive when there are mines everywhere?

Find answers to the most commonly asked questions. Only moderators may post on this forum.
Wonks
Quiet One

How can I stay alive when there are mines everywhere?

Post by Wonks »

The best way to avoid mines is to use a scanner. Scan ahead, particularly around important places such as major routes, locations, and near fed. High scans (300+) almost certainly mean a mine field of some type.

If you do hit mines, you always have a safe way out if you came from a clear area. Have you noticed that the sector you just came from is always light green? This is very useful in mines. You can always go back or "back out" of a mined sector by using your "green sector". If you try to go another direction, you will hit any mines left in the sector and the sector you tried to go to will be your new "green sector" (if you are still alive).

Mines hitting you will never kill you in one round of combat if you have any shields at all. Mines will destroy your shields first, and then if you hit more, they will go on to destroy combat drones and armor. So ALWAYS carry at least 1 shield on your ship.