What/where are mines, combat drones and scouts?

Find answers to the most commonly asked questions. Only moderators may post on this forum.
Wonks
Quiet One

What/where are mines, combat drones and scouts?

Post by Wonks »

You can buy mines and combat drones for 10000 credits each and scouts for 5000 each at any Combat Accessories (CA) shop. But be careful, quite often the area around a CA is dangerous. It will have scout drones and possibly even mines because CAs are popular and popular places are good hunting and fighting spots. Sometimes a large alliance will choose to "mine up" a CA to attempt to restrict access to only their members, so you have to be extra careful and use a scanner when you try to get to a CA.

You can also buy combat drones (CDs) at the Ikthorne racial equipment shop, which is always at the Ikthorne Headquarters.

Now for an explaination of what each of these do:

Scouts serve no function on a ship, but are useful when dropped in space. If anyone from another alliance flys into or out of a sector that has one of your scout drones, you get a scout message (or "ping") telling you "Your forces have spotted Some Player entering/leaving sector #xxxx". Scout drones in a sector take 20 armor damage to destroy, and always deal 20 shield/armor damage each.

Combat drones are most useful on a ship. They serve both offensive and defensive roles. They deal 2 damage each on a ship, but only a certain percent of your total drones will launch. They also act as defense, taking 3 armor damage each to destroy. Combat drones attack after your normal weapons have fired and are hit for full damage only after your shields are down. Combat drones can also be hit through shields, but they only take 1/5 damage in this case. When dropped in a sector, combat drones will not attack on their own. If they are attacked, they will fire for only 1 damage each, and will not always hit.

Mines do nothing when carried on a ship. Dropped in a sector, mines do 20 damage each with a certain percentage of the full stack hitting. Mines will detonate against you when you enter a sector with them or if they are directly attacked. Mines will never do damage to both shield and armor in the same round. If you have only a few shields on you and hit a stack of mines, enough will hit you to destroy your remaining shields, but no more. After mines hit you in a round of combat, your weapons will fire back with 100% accuracy to destroy as many of the mines as possible. Mines can absorb 20 armor damage each, and only do damage if they detonate on your ship (they do no damage when destroyed with your weapons fire).

If mines are included in a stack with combat drones and/or scouts and you run into them, the combat drones and scouts WILL NOT attack with the mines. However, if you actively attack a mine stack with scouts and combats, they will fire back defensively just as if you were attacking them without the mines present.

I'll write a topic on force stack refresh times later (unless someone beats me to it... please beat me to it!)