I cant join back

Archive of previous bugs that have since been fixed
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

I cant join back

Post by Infinity »

Okay, so the system of X newbies and Y vets, isnt really working... Ive had two italics reach fledgling, I left the alliance to share maps with someone, and now I cannot join back.

Then Andii leaves alliance, but we were still at max vet number, so neither of us cant join now.

This needs fixing, scoring needs to be done somehow differently, cause this is bloody retarded. I have mines in the galaxy, i own a planet...

I need to go back into my alliance, along with the members that left trying to get me back in, asap, please.
Use The Force(s)!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: I cant join back

Post by Infinity »

Niic (21) and Spyware (25) need to be back in ZIF as soon as possible, thank you.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

This isn't a bug as such, you're allowed to keep newbies who have "graduated" for the duration of the round they graduate because the check for numbers is done on joining and people aren't expected to hop between alliances, in terms of coding it'd be a real pain to try and track whether people have previously been in the alliance and if they should be able to rejoin, having to avoid the exploit of having 15 vets join, 10 leave, 10 others join, then the previous 10 rejoin which would end up with 25 vets - but they were previously allowed in the alliance. In terms of tracking what state people were in on joining it'd still mean that a newbie that becomes a vet and then leaves to rejoin wouldn't be able to rejoin either.

At the very least there is absolutely nothing I can do until Monday at the absolute earliest and that's on the assumption I actually even get some spare time on Monday
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

I just wanted to share maps with a friend, which is why I left. One of the two people that are currently out of the alliance was italics when the game started.

I know you're going to whine how you will be accused of favouritism and what not, but all I want is my roster back, nothing else, and Ill see that I get italics to share maps next time I want to help someone.
Use The Force(s)!
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Also, I have talked with Lotus and Pierce, as leaders of large alliances it would be their concern, they are both agreed that I should get my people back.

So, Page, no one will accuse you of anything.
Use The Force(s)!
SpaceSock
Quiet One

Post by SpaceSock »

Agree. With 3 major alliances of 25 theres not enough room for the latecomers. However being the cool people we are we still try to help those late joiners. Player retention is important and something as simple as sharing maps can go a long way to keeping those without alliances playing. Seriously who would spend a week mapping by yourself? that would suck. Honest mistake and you shouldnt be 'penalized' for trying to help someone out when there isnt enough alliances to go around.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

just proof that hardlining a code in to put it such that people can only had x # of vets and y # of newbs is not a good idea
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

May I get my guys back? Please, please ... :'(
Use The Force(s)!