Port Raids

Archive of previous bugs that have since been fixed
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

Port Raids

Post by Dread Pirate Roberts »

On top of the money bug, attacking ports doesn't change your alignment. Even on the kill shot my alignment stayed the same.
If you can't beat em, ban em!
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Port Raids

Post by Page »

The money bug should have been fixed a while ago, what happened with it this time?

Also only the trigger of the kill shot gets alignment (copied from the old code, seems a bit odd to me but it's not actually a bug as it's the same as the 1.2 code I have - although I know it used to be different a long time ago)
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

I was the trigger of the shot. All of them. And even on the death of the port my alignment stayed the same, didn't change not even one point. Ask lotus about the money, cause honestly I didn't care much about the money, I was more worried (and then disappointed) about my alignment. But there were a couple ports we should of got some money, and we didn't get any big paydays.
SpaceSock
Quiet One

Post by SpaceSock »

the money bug, might not be a bug. Though it is annoying when a port loses a level it loses all its cash too.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Last round I had only relations change from port raids, but not align, for sure. It's not working.
Use The Force(s)!
Dread Pirate Roberts
Quiet One

SpaceSock wrote:the money bug, might not be a bug. Though it is annoying when a port loses a level it loses all its cash too.
That's definitely a bug, a huge bug! Ports are not suppose to lose their money when they lose a level. The only time a port loses it's cash is when someone successfully raids it. I have raided ports in the past and made a 9 figure score from it (I am nothing special for doing this, lots of people have). This would not be possible, or at the very least extremely hard and rare to do if ports lost all their income anytime they drop a level.
Infinity wrote:Last round I had only relations change from port raids, but not align, for sure. It's not working.
Now that you mention it, not only is there a money bug, and alignment bug, but relations bugged out on me too. Now that it has been brought up I remember thinking about my relations not moving. And if you look at my relations now, I have no relations except with one race even though I was trigger man for 3 different raids on 3 different races.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

That's definitely a bug, a huge bug! Ports are not suppose to lose their money when they lose a level.
Aye. Port loses a level due to physical destruction... we should assume that the money is held in vaults that are in the heart of the port structure and hard to penetrate.

Ok, what if the vault does get hit? :D
Use The Force(s)!
SpaceSock
Quiet One

Post by SpaceSock »

Infinity wrote:
That's definitely a bug, a huge bug! Ports are not suppose to lose their money when they lose a level.
Aye. Port loses a level due to physical destruction... we should assume that the money is held in vaults that are in the heart of the port structure and hard to penetrate.

Ok, what if the vault does get hit? :D
Then we put on space suits, spacewalk and collect it all. Isnt it obvious? :D