Cloaking

Archive of previous bugs that have since been fixed
Twelve Inches

Cloaking

Post by Twelve Inches »

Not sure if this is a bug or not or if this was changed. Cloakers can attack and if you do not fire on them, they can recloak. I got attacked, clicked examine, then when i clicked attack, i got an error or trader not in sector or something like that. He didn't leave and come back, i have scouts all around us.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Cloaking

Post by Infinity »

Oh, that's bad.
Use The Force(s)!
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

need to know what error to track this properly
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Well it's not technically an error as it was brought up as a bug that you could shoot at someone you couldn't see (or have them leave the sector, cloak, come back, and then you could still shoot them). Should you be able to shoot someone who you can't normally see?

The question that jumps to my mind is should someone be able to cloak with enemy ships IS?
Freon22
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by Freon22 »

Page wrote:The question that jumps to my mind is should someone be able to cloak with enemy ships IS?
I think you should be able to cloak with an enemy ship IS. When cloaker attacks he becomes visible, for him to re-cloak he has to load an extra page. If you don't attack him before he re-enables his cloak you missed out. You will have to get someone else that can de-cloak him or wait until he attacks again.

One thing I don't think he should be able to cloak while he is under attack. Not sure if he can or not but he shouldn't be able to.
Dragone
Quiet One

Post by Dragone »

Freon22 wrote:
Page wrote:The question that jumps to my mind is should someone be able to cloak with enemy ships IS?
I think you should be able to cloak with an enemy ship IS. When cloaker attacks he becomes visible, for him to re-cloak he has to load an extra page. If you don't attack him before he re-enables his cloak you missed out. You will have to get someone else that can de-cloak him or wait until he attacks again.

One thing I don't think he should be able to cloak while he is under attack. Not sure if he can or not but he shouldn't be able to.
You can't, if they are in the middle of firing you are screwed. you cannot just recloak and be safe again.
Dont Hate The Player, Hate The Game
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

you shouldnt be able to recloak mid fight, that makes cloak unbelievably strong then
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

It never was possible. Also, I believe that a person that shot you, even if you recloak would still be able to see you if you dont leave sector before cloaking.

Retarded sentence, sorry, but you understand.
Use The Force(s)!
Dragone
Quiet One

Post by Dragone »

I have tested this out and know for sure that you cannot recloak if someone is firing.

You also can't use an old examine screen to decloak someone.
Dont Hate The Player, Hate The Game