Planet cap

Archive of previous bugs that have since been fixed
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Planet cap

Post by Page »

Grey Death wrote:Please pull out the logic so I can reverse it and slap you around. Planets should fire first!
Wouldn't they then fire when people enter sector?
RCK wrote:My understanding was the cap was originally in place to limit the load on the server more then restrictions on # of busters.

Page could confirm though.
Maybe once upon a time, but not anymore.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Page wrote:
Grey Death wrote:Please pull out the logic so I can reverse it and slap you around. Planets should fire first!
Wouldn't they then fire when people enter sector?
Lets do that, but secretly ;)
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Uhm, if you have an enemy fleet powering up weapons in orbit, then are you going to wait until they fire before defending yourself?
Planet fires first AFTER it has been fired on once.
Is this a statement or a suggestion? If it is a suggestion, then I agree, if it is a statement then check our combat logs before you start blabbering.
Infinity
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Infinity »

Uhm, if you have an enemy fleet powering up weapons in orbit, then are you going to wait until they fire before defending yourself?
Yeah, shouldn't planetary technology be a bit better than the one on ships? Shouldn't there be some operating crew on the planet watching the scanner data and reacting when necessary?

This way, few CDs get knocked down and all of a sudden an EoS can survive the first shot to, which was not the case. Both the cap (I find 12 as a good one) and the order of firing should be put back in.
Use The Force(s)!
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Edgecrusher wrote:Uhm, if you have an enemy fleet powering up weapons in orbit, then are you going to wait until they fire before defending yourself?
Wouldn't you also have to power up your own weapons, and I'm sure planetary weapons take more power :P
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Page wrote:
Edgecrusher wrote:Uhm, if you have an enemy fleet powering up weapons in orbit, then are you going to wait until they fire before defending yourself?
Wouldn't you also have to power up your own weapons, and I'm sure planetary weapons take more power :P
Page - 1
Edgecrusher - 0
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

RCK wrote:
Page wrote:
Page - 1
Edgecrusher - 0

Ahhh, but a planet can have huge batteries of power generators including solar which negates the need to power down weapons thus they should always be hot except for monthly maintenance.
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Grey Death wrote: Ahhh, but a planet can have huge batteries of power generators including solar which negates the need to power down weapons thus they should always be hot except for monthly maintenance.
Now were just going overboard....

Back on topic.... if we wanted to be "realistic" then the planet would never stop firing... (wouldnt that be a :D)

which would be a twist... planet fires when enemy fleet enters.... hope u got no one on dialup ;)
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

Infinity wrote:
Yeah, shouldn't planetary technology be a bit better than the one on ships? Shouldn't there be some operating crew on the planet watching the scanner data and reacting when necessary?

This way, few CDs get knocked down and all of a sudden an EoS can survive the first shot to, which was not the case. Both the cap (I find 12 as a good one) and the order of firing should be put back in.
dont you know the order shouldnt make sense, it just has to be logical...
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

Page wrote:Wouldn't you also have to power up your own weapons, and I'm sure planetary weapons take more power :P
Good point, but planetary weapons have a large infrastructure behind them and do not require power being rerouted from the life support systems.

Now is that enough role playing for you? :)