Planet cap

Archive of previous bugs that have since been fixed
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Planet cap

Post by JettJackson »

Still not in place we were able to hit BA's planet with 11 ships.
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Re: Planet cap

Post by Edgecrusher »

Still not in place, some dudes attacked us with 12.

Can we either declare attacking with 10+ people a normal game situation or implement a cap?
Harry Krishna
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Harry Krishna »

When this 10 ship cap first started, teams were capped at 30 and there were many active 30 player teams. It was to prevent planet busting too easily. Nowadays, with 100 players in the game and alliances capped at 25, most alliances barely able to raise a dozen ships for a bust, a cap on planet attackers seems not worth the effort. Maybe revisit when there are 500 players?
that which pods you makes you stronger
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

I completely agree, I've never been a supporter of a cap, but as I said, then let's make it 'legal'.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

My understanding was the cap was originally in place to limit the load on the server more then restrictions on # of busters.

Page could confirm though.
Edgecrusher
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Edgecrusher »

It has just come to my attention that fleets fire first nowadays instead of the planet. I'm okay with dropping the cap, but then this needs to be reversed. If you attack with 12 and only ten fire, it doesn't matter if someone dies, but when all 12 fire and 1 dies, it makes a difference.
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Edgecrusher wrote:It has just come to my attention that fleets fire first nowadays instead of the planet. I'm okay with dropping the cap, but then this needs to be reversed. If you attack with 12 and only ten fire, it doesn't matter if someone dies, but when all 12 fire and 1 dies, it makes a difference.
Dont make me pull out the logic and slap you around with it.
Grey Death
Admin Emeritus

Post by Grey Death »

Please pull out the logic so I can reverse it and slap you around. Planets should fire first!
Grey Death
Leader TLS and former War leader KAOS
-A conquered people should know when the are conquered!
Anonymous Roman General
RCK
Beginner Spam Artist

Post by RCK »

Grey Death wrote:Please pull out the logic so I can reverse it and slap you around. Planets should fire first!
Fine compromise to the logic.... Planet fires first AFTER it has been fired on once.
JettJackson
Fledgling Spam Artist

Post by JettJackson »

ok logic can shut up

and the cap should be in because a 70's strength is based on the cap
Lead: Sesame Street, Rogue Squad

Co-Lead: Suckas, Black Sun Ascending, Wraith Squadron, Fool's Errend, Team Poker, The Phantom Order, Toxic #5

Member of: Team Pup and Suds, Nintendo Power, System Failure, Crusaders, new dawn, Cereal Killers, Armory, Armory V2, _-=`Perfection`=-_, The Guild, Ragnarok, Heimdall, United Rebels, ilLegitimate Basterds

I've seen and done it all