Planet Bust Messages

Archive of previous bugs that have since been fixed
Azool
SMR Coder

Planet Bust Messages

Post by Azool »

When you log in after your alliance has planets attacked, the message indicator (in the top right) shows that there are twice as many messages as there really are (ie if the enemy took 5 shots at your planets, the message counter shows 10 new messages when you log in)
Men are born to succeed, not fail.
-Henry David Thoreau
Page
SMR Coder

Re: Planet Bust Messages

Post by Page »

This only happens for planet messages right? (I know I haven't noticed it for other types). Were you the planet owner?
I wasn't able to spot what might cause this issue when I looked, so I'm not sure what might cause it.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Yes, only planet messages.
I was not the planet owner.
Also, I think you know this part, but this only happens when you log in, if you are in the game during the bust then the messages show up correctly.

I seem to remember there was a section in login_processing.php that recalculates if a player has unread messages (due to some messages being expired). I think there was an exception for planet messages (not exactly sure why, but maybe because they used to go to the alliance message board). Did you try looking there?
-Henry David Thoreau
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

You're right, there's a check for unread messages in login_processing - had never noticed before. Anyway that's fixed now and whilst I was at it I tidied up the message sending stuff in some other places :)
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

I logged in this time with it saying I had 6 new planet bust messages when I really only had 2. Did you update live yet? or just beta
-Henry David Thoreau
Page
SMR Coder

Post by Page »

Just beta, there's a lot of changes there I don't really want to go forward yet. I might be able to push this one through if I check it doesn't depend on anything but it's not a real problem if the indicator is a little off imo.
Azool
SMR Coder

Post by Azool »

Yeah, no rush imo, just wanted to make sure it wasn't in live (if it was then it wasn't fixed correctly).

Thanks
-Henry David Thoreau