HELP

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!

Should there be a Newbie Guide or manual.

Yes
81%
No
No votes
I don't particualy care!
6%
Why is he still putting options up.
13%

Total votes: 31

creeping death

HELP

Post by creeping death »

:x This is the third time I've played SMR, this time I'm stuck. A couple of questions of mine need answering.

1. What do the ruling councils do?
2. How the hell do u get alliance maps?
3. Is there a faster way to find out what is in a sector?
4. Has any1 figured out the trade calculations yet? If so would they be kind enough to share tem with me.
5. Is there a newbie help sheet? (God I have alot of questions)
6. Would any1 let me join there alliance, and give me a helping hand cause I am stuck!

from a stressedout Slick_Rick :evil: [/b]
Die by my hand, I creep across the land, killing first born man.
Destroyer of Hope

Post by Destroyer of Hope »

1.) Ruling Councils decide on war and peace between the different races and set relations between the races.
2.) you have to be in an alliannce to get alliance maps, this is a sharing of all the sectors explored by different members.
3.) Check Canff's thread about his help site, there is a program called SMC that does.
4.) not that i know of because there is a random variable in the trading formula and if somebody did crack it they would keep it to themselves.
5.) see number 3

without taking up too much room i hope this helps :?
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

Hi, ok answers

1) The ruling councils are the top 20 traders from each race, headed by a president who is the highest good trade (alignment >+150)

They vote on peace and war votes with the other races as suggested by the racial president. They control the inter racial relations making it possible to trade and get weapons from other races ports/shops.

2) Under alliance -> options there is a send maps option, this sends all your maps to your alliance, likewise if another member sends their maps, you get all the maps of the alliance.

3) No faster ways to find out what is in a sector than visit it, or check location sites for details, though they don't often publish too much early in the game.

4) The trade formula has a random element, so can't get it exact, basically work with it till you get close to maximum values. Hint: get maximum relations by trading without getting offers rejected and you will get better offers.

5) Mouse is working on Newbie help files.

6) I'm not the person to ask on this one.
creeping death

Post by creeping death »

Another question, I still have more!!! Where the hell can I get an IST from. Also how much does it cost.
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

ISTs at Cross World Transits and Huge Ship Central locations. costs about 4.3 million or so.
Wonks
Quiet One

Post by Wonks »

If you don't have that much money, every race has a nice trader that doesn't cost quite as much usually. What race are you?
creeping death

Post by creeping death »

8) I'm a Theivan (or however it's spelt), I haven't got much money, mainly cause I can't see the whole of the galaxy map. I don't like the way they have done the maps this time. It makes it ten times harder for people who start late. Like i do very often. The only reason for this is I never have a permant connection to the internet. Possibly my own fault, but I u should be able to see 25% of the whole SMR universe.
Wonks
Quiet One

Post by Wonks »

Well Thevian ships has a nice little trader called the Expediter for about 1.3 million.

As for maps, stop by chat and ask if anyone can give you maps. Or ask to join someone's alliance who has full maps. Mapping is much easier when you have a lot of members.
creeping death

Thanks

Post by creeping death »

:P Well I've joined a alliance and they have the galaxy mapped out. I'm still gonna try and save for my IST but I might have to stick to that ship Expeditor for awhile but its better than nothin. Thanks for all your help. I speak to u all again when I get suck on the nxt version of SMR :?:
creeping death

Another ;P stupid Q

Post by creeping death »

Your probably gettin anoyed wid me askin stuff, but there a few things I still need to know. Why are the Theivans at war with the Alksant? Also I'm became a deputy for some reson, but what the the hell does it mean. I noticed my name became green, and I also began to notice that others were red. I have two assumptions as to why this could happen!
1. I went green cause my alignment was so high(Positvely of course) and red because they have a very low alignment(negatively of course)
or
2. I've become a good guy by becoming a deputy hece the lovely snot shade of green. the people with red are part of some secret Acoylt, or part of some evil syndicate intent on destroying everyting in there path! :twisted:
Also I want to know if I can stop being a deputy or am I stuck, or do I have to trade in illegal goods, will I actually see Illegal goods. Do I have a durexdition? If so does it only aplly to my races galaxy? Well anybody that can answer any of my Q would be greatly appreciated. From a very curious Slick. :?: