10 commandments of effective trading

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Pickles
Quiet One

Post by Pickles »

SteveG wrote: I only just found out about the length of trade routes affecting profits after reading this thread!! So, that helps to explain it. Anyhow, I'm currently making 100,000+ more profit (also giving me around 220 XP each time) than when I trade drugs or luxury items, in my IST :)
NEVER give out information concerning your trade routes in a public forum. You've effectively just given every hunter here a list of ports to check when you're online. Seeing as there aren't that many *10 routes lying around the game finding you just became a heck of a lot easier.
Pickles
And when his armies reached the coast; and he beheld the sea; and comprehended the breadth of his domain; Alexander wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer.
SteveG
Quiet One

Post by SteveG »

The ports I've been trading through have been constantly occuppied by Scouts and Mines. The players I need to worry about already know where I trade. The advantage I got is being in a different timezone, so most of the time they aren't even around when I trade, and if they are then I just save my turns instead ;)

I haven't said what I'm trading or between what ports, if someone else manages to figure it out then so be it! This game ends soon anyhow, and I'm still learning so, until I know what I'm doing I'm totally prepared, and expect, to be killed from time to time. It'll just make it all the more fun when I'm getting payback :twisted:
Steve G aka ChocolateMnM

Imperial

Post by Imperial »

id say something off of 669, 308, 1188, or 1607, But my SMC is a bit outdated :-P
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

Sounds rather like mine, though there are no 10x trades out of 308 that I can see, so I guess mine is (maybe) more up to date. Makes little difference really though at this point :)