Bargaining+Trading

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Wonks
Quiet One

Post by Wonks »

Close Blum. The function INT always rounds down. Rounding normally works this way: 8.8 becomes 9, 8.5 becomes 9, 8.4 becomes 8. But INT works like this: 9.1 becomes 9, 8.9 becomes 8, 8.5 becomes 8. Does that make any sense?

Although, I think someone may have used the wrong one while coding, because according to this formula the Blockade Runner has a base exp of 12, but I could have sworn it was actually 14... And I have no idea if it's been fixed or if it even needs to be fixed. I think only the Blockade runner and a very few other lesser-used ships would suffer if it was switched to INT. So it seems pretty minor really.

Anyway... :)
Blum
Chat Troll

Post by Blum »

Ah, so the word I was looking for is truncate, not round.......
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

Actually Wonks, I think that might have been my fault, I kinda incorrectly simplified the formula when giving it to Spock I think.

I gave holds/15 +2 and left the INT to be after this point, makes a slight difference on a couple of the ships.

Post by Guest »

Much better Blum :)

Bad Trib :wink:

But that formula still wouldn't give 14 base exp to the Blockade Runner...
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

oh and it is probably rounding not INT(ing) which would give 14.
Hellman109
Beta Tester

Post by Hellman109 »

So the furmula given was totally wrong, and now confusing...
All I heard was blah blah blah, Im a little whinger.
Wonks
Quiet One

Post by Wonks »

No, the formula
XP (per sector) = (INT(Holds/30)+1)*2
is only slightly off and the only widely-used ship that is affected is the WQ Blockade Runner. And that has higher base exp than it should so it really isn't a bad thing... I was just nit-picking over small details...

Just use the formula and you'll be fine :)
Stumpty93

Routes

Post by Stumpty93 »

What is the best route? Can you give me th sector numbers?
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

The routes vary from game to game, and to post routes here will only encourage the hunters in the game to congregate to those routes to get kills. The definition of 'best route' varies from player to player. To some, the best route is the one that gives the most cash/exp for each trade, regardless of the dangers of trading there. Others define the best route as being the one that is safer to hunt at..even if it pulls in slightly less cash/exp per trade.
RedDragon
Quiet One

Post by RedDragon »

OK if you have just about worked out the formula for XP of a trade route - what is the formula for cash of a trade route?