planet question

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Dai Shan

planet question

Post by Dai Shan »

did they change how turrets work on planets from how they used to be a long long time ago when I last played? before you used to be able to choose what weapons to load on, however I can't find a way to transfer my weapons from my ship to my planet, could someone either explain how, or how the defenses work now? thanks in advance
Dai Shan
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

Yes, that was changed back in the old SM. You can no longer buy weapons to put on planets. You build a turret, it has a weapon of its own. If I remember correctly, this was to keep people from borrowing weapons from one of the alliance planets and leaving the planet defenseless...also to keep hunters from having a convenient place to drop off their weapons before heading to Fed.
d3c509b
Quiet One

Post by d3c509b »

and the turrets on the planet deal what..

250/250? ith accuracy depending on level of planet?
-Ssjz-
Dai Shan

Post by Dai Shan »

alright, thanks a ton.
Dai Shan
Stin

Post by Stin »

Wow you a real genuine old SM player. Anyone else besides me and dai shan remember when you put ship weapons on planet turrets? Man the good ole days were the best.

HHG HHG HHG HHG HHG NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

*chuckle* Obviously I remember as well. :P
Suni

Post by Suni »

I remember hearing about it a lot :-). Wasn't around playing then though..

Suni.
Dai Shan

Post by Dai Shan »

of course, why would I claim to be anything other then what I was, I used to be in The Forsaken for a couple games, planet busting and trading for the alliance, also in a few other alliances, can't really remember the names that well though, it was fairly fun, especially teh planet busting :) that was a blast, wondering if they were going to load up on you and kill you, and the suprise to see how many traders(if any)were on the planet when you finally busted through the shield. ah yes the gold old days, hmmm... I wish I still had my old trade charts I made up, ah well, from the sounds of things, charts are soon going to be pointless,well, at least until get the hang of hte soon to be implemented trade system, however it is going to work. I just wish I could remember for sure what handles I went by then, but it was too long ago, and I have been using this one for so long, I do remember my old account name though :) which was faehunter. but what the trader names were, I got no clue.
Dai Shan
DarkTreader

Old Schooler

Post by DarkTreader »

I remember back when you could put weapons on the planets. Those were fun times... Maxing out the turrets on a planet, then all of the warships dumping their weapons there before going to log off in fed space... Really came in handy when you had people who'd transfer weapons between planets...
Or when you'd just gotten podded, could come back to a planet, and fill up with massive weapons, then go an snipe out the person who killed you.

^_^

That was almost 3 years ago though. Sheesh... that was a while ago!

Does anyone remember the old school alliances from then? It'd be nice to see some of the old timers around again :)
Trigek
Admin Emeritus

Post by Trigek »

It also allowed evil people to carry the HHG, and vice versa.