Becoming a deputy

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Notlaw

Becoming a deputy

Post by Notlaw »

At your HQ you can become a deputy, I believe this greatly affects your alignment is this correct and what are the pros and cons of doing this ?

TIA!
B.O.B.
Admin Emeritus

Post by B.O.B. »

THere is many advantages/disadvantages for going good or evil.

Deputy advantages:

1. Greater degree of fed protection allowed.
When becoming a deputy, you're alignment is automatically changed to 150.
The formula for fed protection is as follows: Alignment/150 + 3= the attack rating your ship can have and still get fed protection. So once a deputy you can have an attack rating of 4. (If you get like 4950 alignment then you can park a 36/17 FU in fed which is the biggest attack rating you can get.)
2. Ability to buy the Holy Hand Grenade(HHG) which does 300 shield damage and 0 shield damage.
3. Ability to buy Fed ships. Such as the Federal Ultimatum(FU) [which is the best all purpose warbird]
4. Ability to claim war payments.
If you race is at war with another and you kill someone in the other race then you get a payment from you government for the level of the enemy ship mutliplied by some amount (not sure how much that amount is but back in SM I believe it was 10k per lvl but I believe it is greater in SMR)
5. Ability to claim bounties off of evil traders.
People can place bounties on other people but now there is autobounties. Autobounties are where when you kill a good guy an amount cash is automatically place on your head.

Advantages of being a gang member (evil):
1. Ability to buy Nuke o shield damage 300 armor damage.
2. Buy evil ships
Such as the thief a fast cloaked trading ship.
Or the Death Cruiser which is thee best hunting ship.
3. Trade evil goods which gain more cash then regular goods, also since everyone can trade regular goods you can get a better route cause less people can trade evil goods.
4. Claim bounties placed on good guys.

Disadvanages of evil:
1. Your alignment is set to -150 so you can only have an attack rating of 2. Also the lower it gets the lower your attack rating has to be to get fed protection. BUT, you can always get fed with an attack rating of 0.
2. If you have evil goods on your ship you don't get fed protection either.
3. You can't claim war payments.

Hmm I hope I covered everything...
SGT Johnson, B.O.B.
Countries Visited: Afghanistan, Italy, Iraq, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan
Countries Lay Over: Germany, Ireland, Turkey
?????

Fed Protection

Post by ????? »

I dont understanf the Fed Protection thing when i played years ago i thought it was just if your in fed protection your safe end of story so whats the deal??
Ykalon Dragon

Post by Ykalon Dragon »

I used to hunt newbs in fed sectors that didn't know how fed protection worked. That's how I got into vet games in SM
Eggburt

Post by Eggburt »

Click "Trader" on the left hand side of your screen. It will tell you if you're protected or not be it newbie or fed or not at all.