Turns

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Ablaze

Turns

Post by Ablaze »

I have one pressing question that I could find no where else: How many turns can you save up?

Is it wise to save up as many turns as you can before you go trading, or does the loss of interest hurt too much?
Imhotep
Quiet One

Post by Imhotep »

The amount of total turns you can save up is equal to gamespeed times 400. So a game of 1.0 speed like the vet game has a max of 400 turns. I don't know what the newbie game speed is.

It is generally better to trade with as many turns as you can because if you have to travel 10 sectors to your route and 10 back to park, that would be a waste of 20 turns every day if you traded often, whereas if you waited til you have more turns, you can waste the 20 turns only once. Plus if your first route you check is dry you need to be able to look around at more routes so more turns will be needed/wasted, and if you don't have a full load, you can waste 100 turns just looking then never be able to trade. There are probably other reasons, but I don't trade a whole lot so maybe someone else will have a few more tips :)