Help Section

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Warlock
Quiet One

Post by Warlock »

Actually, The 'Speef' Midnight Special belonged to Speef (Imagine that). There were 2 instances of them being in game, both piloted by Speef, as a sort of challenge to the community. He would just park it, and the community went off and podded it. (Quite a feat)
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

Kardinal wrote: i thought the rumor ws if you reached 500000 experience you were able to get an SMS, and i think that would be fun to have in the actual game instead of just fiction, because i dont think anyone is ever gonna reach that amount of experience in smr anyway so if someone does i think they deserve a SMS
yes. i rumor. but i didn't said it isn't true. there could be a possibility that you find the sms shop if u have more than 500k xp.
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Kard
Beta Tester

Post by Kard »

well the games during sm i never saw anyone reach past 250000 experience in any of the newbie games i played, thats a long way away from 500000, thats why i thought no one would probably get there, but i forgot that when you die now you dont loose 1/3 of your total experience anymore so i guess people might start reaching 500000
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

Kardinal wrote: well the games during sm i never saw anyone reach past 250000 experience in any of the newbie games i played, thats a long way away from 500000, thats why i thought no one would probably get there, but i forgot that when you die now you dont loose 1/3 of your total experience anymore so i guess people might start reaching 500000
never did so far. in that a case a red light would flashing at my comp and i would monitor this player very well if he finds the shop...
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
Ravenger
Beta Tester

Post by Ravenger »

Kardinal wrote:

well the games during sm i never saw anyone reach past 250000 experience in any of the newbie games i played, thats a long way away from 500000, thats why i thought no one would probably get there, but i forgot that when you die now you dont loose 1/3 of your total experience anymore so i guess people might start reaching 500000

those are newbies kardinal. newbies don't like to trade. there were 6 or 7 speefy's in Interrgnum and one in Old School. Gnum was a year long game but 2 of the speefy's i saw started playing half way through the game and OS was only 6 months long. so it CAN be done if you give someone an 8x like the one in omar it would only take 3 months
if you see a You Are Under Attack. screen its probly not me
Suni

Post by Suni »

Nitpicking:
Gnum was not a year long game, it was 6 or 8 months (sorry not sure which), but definately not a year long. Only year long game I've seen (i.e. since 2000) was Milly (Millennium: Year 1). Milly had its Speefies too, I'm not sure about this, but it may have been the first game to have Speefies, anyone with knowledge on the pre-Milly times care to confirm/disagree?

Suni.
Ravenger
Beta Tester

Post by Ravenger »

ok... i joined at the end of gnum but i was told it was a year long game that died
if you see a You Are Under Attack. screen its probly not me
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

I am fairly certain that gnum was only a 6 month game likewise KOTH. No idea on the Speefy situation

Trib
Blade
Admin Emeritus

Post by Blade »

MY1 was the last 1 year game in SM, the rest where either 6 months games (if they lasted that long) or 3 Month games. MY1 was also the first game to see a speefy and the first game to see a speefy die
The truth is there, just don't look blindly
LinkzWrath
Beta Tester

Post by LinkzWrath »

That had to have created one GIGANTIC out burst in the chat and community. A speef dieing, go figure...
Ender's little bro.