Scanner

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
SteveG
Quiet One

Scanner

Post by SteveG »

How exactly does this work? I recently got a ship with one on it and I don't see any new options, or anything different, to when I didn't have one? I read what it does but, how do I use it?
Steve G aka ChocolateMnM

canff
Beta Tester

con

Post by canff »

Well when you buy a scanner for your ship it lets you scan the sectors around you when you are in space. when you are in space look at options to move you will have 1 to 4 options. If you bought a scanner you will see the option to scan it will tell you Scan Results........

Friendly vessels 0
Enemy vessels 0
Friendly forces 0
Enemy forces 0

Planet No
Port Yes
Location Yes

Telling you what is there. If there are a lot of ships you will get a high number like Enemy vessels 2220 . But most of the time they will be newbie loged off in space. Or in fed. unless there are hunters around . the scan is best for looking to see if there are forces in the next sector. So that your small trader don't hit say 50 mines.

If you are in local map option you will see all the sector around you at one time. It will show if there is forces or a player around you.

Hope this helps.
Canff
Last edited by canff on Sat May 18, 2002 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LinkzWrath
Beta Tester

Post by LinkzWrath »

You gotta buy a scanner first, same for Cloak, Ig, and Jump
Ender's little bro.
d3c509b
Quiet One

Post by d3c509b »

Also, by using the Local Map, u can get a quick glimpse if anyone or any force is in an adjacent sector. A little icon will appear in upper right corner. A face if a trader is there (friendly or not) and a mine if there are forces. This is helpful if you are hunting someone and they ran, you can see if they ran to any adjacent sector.
-Ssjz-