newb stuck

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Xerxes_1

newb stuck

Post by Xerxes_1 »

hey im a newb-
started right at the end of last game, and basically as soon as my newb turns ran out, thru stupidity i got myself killed and in a pod pretty quick. my question is, what is the easiest/best way to get a normal ship bak?
do i just have to slog it out and trade using my 5 cargo bays until i can afford a proper ship??? thanks :oops:
Mouse
Quiet One

Post by Mouse »

That's a good question. When you are killed, or podded as the players call it, you are then sent back to your home HQ. If you click on your HQ Ship Shop, there will be a free ship there that you may get into at no charge. They have 60 holds for which you can start over.

If you havent any money to buy holds with, you do get a small amount back when you get podded, depending on the ship. Just remember not to spend all of that on holds or you won't have enough to get trading again :)

Good luck.
Retired Space Merchant Realms Administrative Team Retired
beginner

Post by beginner »

im wondering if there is a way to get the newbie freighter back. (I think that is what he is talking about)
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

There is no way to get the NEWBIE MERCHANT VESSEL back, but there is a MERCHANT VESSEL that is available for purchase. Same ship minus the newbie. However, it costs money. Racial freebies are just that...free.

Also, if you're in an alliance, ask for a little help, at least to get your cargo holds and your shields/armor.
Crusader
Beta Tester

Post by Crusader »

it's also a good idea to bank your cash! If you happen to die the bank helps alot heh.