Going from evil to good.

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
naslug

Going from evil to good.

Post by naslug »

I am currently a member of the underground.

If I wanted to become a deputy how would I do that? Or can I?
Itchnov
The Uber Noober

Post by Itchnov »

you need your alignment to be > -100 to change to a deputy. You can raise your alignment by killing those who u are at war with or raiding a port u are at war with. Also, you can grab a non-evil good and keep loading port screen for a lev 1 port continuously and when u get searched enough to be raised to -99.
naslug

Post by naslug »

Seems to me reloading a port would be abuse. Doing that anyone could raise there align to 30000+
Itchnov
The Uber Noober

Post by Itchnov »

Every time you are searched and dont have evil goods you only gain 1 xp. The chance of getting searched is also not very good. So really it would take you many, many hours to get that kind of alignment by loading port page. Also, I believe there is an alignment cap of +- 1200, but I may be wrong on that.
Vober
Beta Tester

Post by Vober »

naslug wrote:Seems to me reloading a port would be abuse. Doing that anyone could raise there align to 30000+
I disagree.

Searches happen what 2% of the time.... If you have time to click 1.5 million times I say go for it. No harm in a ten minutes for a few alignment points.
naslug

Post by naslug »

Actually If you trade at ports with no illegal goods. Searchs happen 15% of the time or about 1/7. So ya thats 1000 loads for 150 align. But the advantages of being able to park a warbird in fed is huge. I could write web browser interface in C# that would do that easy, and if I am under newbie protection I could jack up my align without any risk. Thats legal, sweet... max align here I come:)
RedDragon
Quiet One

Post by RedDragon »

I believe it is also coded so that you can't get check more than once per visit at each port - i.e. you have to burn turns to do it. Possible if you are trading anyway but otherwise might as well go and PR. Only slightly more turns (3 as opposed to 2) per allignment increment but doesn't take you all day.