Jump Drive woes and questions...

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Zed

Jump Drive woes and questions...

Post by Zed »

I haven't exactly been playing long,only a few weeks so I don't understand this:

I jump to another galaxy from the Alksant galaxy.I had to do something for my alliance.I did it,and I decided to look around.After I did that I went to the same place I was at before.I put in my coordinates and I try to jump.

No Dice.

I have read the thread concerning Jump drives and I did get that error they were talking about.However it seemed rather inconsistent to me since a few days ago I had jumped to the Ik'Thorne Galaxy from another galaxy and back just fine.The thread concerning that issue was old,so I don't suppose it had been instituted between jumping periods.There isn't a way for me atm to get out of the galaxy since the only warp gate I can get into is blockaded on the other side.So am I stuck forever or something?

Answers are appreciated :) .
Imhotep
Quiet One

Post by Imhotep »

You can only jump to galaxies that touch each other. So if Alskant does not connect to Thevian, you can not jump between them. You can jump to Shattenreich, and walk into Thevian, or jump twice, but you cannot jump between them. If you are stuck in a planet galaxy, there is only 1 warp out of it, so if you know where that warp is to, you can jump to any sector in the connecting galaxy. i.e. if you are in Salzik, you can only jump to Europa, then from Europa, you have more places you can jump or walk to.
Zed

Post by Zed »

I know where the warp is,and I know where it goes,so if that warp connects to a certain galaxy,I can jump to that particular galaxy and from there go back to wherever I want to go?
Zed

Post by Zed »

Thanks everyone,found my way back :D
beginner

Post by beginner »

ok. here this.

I jumped to the valheru galxay FROM the human galaxy and it worked. But then I couldn't jump back. Sheesh. I think I found a bug.
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

Did you jump TO valheru or just land in valheru? You can jump to certain galaxies and miss jump through warps. This is not a bug. There have been reports of jumping two galaxies at certain times but we are not aware of when and hwo this happens. It is fixed in beta testing.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

Isn't this bug when you jump very near a warp? You get a chance for a 8 sector(/turn) misjump which then may be through the warp. In worst case if you jump from one side of a warp to another it might even mean you come back to where you started :)
Last edited by Grey on Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vtreka
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Vtreka »

that's not a bug, but there was a bug that allowed you to jump 2 galaxies with no misjump.
Founder of: Death Control, Life Control and The Order
Member of: DK, CM, EdL, Northstar, RR, FTV, FI, SPB, TD, LoM, LB
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

/me corrects bug to phenomenon.