anonymous accounts

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
sasquwatch

anonymous accounts

Post by sasquwatch »

what are anonymous accounts used for? Do they carry over to the next game? Also what are SMR credits? How do you get them and what are they used for?
Nariis

Post by Nariis »

Anonymous accounts are where you can store money seperately from your personal or alliance account. They are password protected, and are generally used to transfer money to another player. They do not roll over into the next game.

SMR credits are earned for every dollar that you donate to the game via the donate link, or by mailing the money to me, or another admin, to deposit in an account then forward to Spock. SMR credits are used to buy your way into special games. A feature that will come in the future.
Wilber-

Post by Wilber- »

Is it true that Anonymous accounts and Alliance accounts earn no interest?
Only the good die young
and I intend to live forever!
Target
Quiet One

Post by Target »

thats correct, only personal accounts earn interest
Wilber-

Post by Wilber- »

That discourages teamwork, imo. Why place a penalty on sharring a resouirce within the alliance? If anything , it should get more interest to encourage team building.
Only the good die young
LotuS
Beta Tester

Post by LotuS »

It didnt in SM and thats why it doesent here.

I also dont like the feature for next game of planets gaining interest... i mean banks are banks... what are banks for? to gain money. in the real world banks gain interest... thats how it worked in SM and i still think it works fine... anyway that dont matter :P
Ingenius, Armory Armory v2, Lords of the PingsSuckas, AoC, Green Skulls, DoW, Shadow, MoM, Xenocide, NE, ST, HA, PI, FI, Armada, DC, LoP, AS, Lom, MH, RC
Wilber-

Post by Wilber- »

Well it matters to some of us I think. If SM was so wonderful and perfect as it was, why are we playing this version and not back there? LOL

Kidding aside and with all due respect, there is always room for improvement in any game and i doubt if it would cripple the known universe to be open to trying new things. Thats really the only way to tell if its better or worse.

Furthermore, thats not how life works. Partners tend to form coporations (alliancs) or at least limited partnerships. Those that don't pool resources and then bank them so interest is gained tend not to be in business for long! These interest bearing accounts usually garner a higher interest rate than personal accounts too. Without this, these partnerships tend to become just an assortment of individules. In the game, if you want to promote teamwork, then have more incentive for them to pool resources on a financial level.

As for planets gaining interest, Far more interest is usually gained by these "alliances" investing it in their business - ie, not in a bank. To me, the alliance's place of busines often seems to be their planet, frequently with branch locations. :wink:
Only the good die young
Mar
Quiet One

Post by Mar »

No bank accounts will gain interest next game.
=)

It takes one to be one!
Wilber-

Post by Wilber- »

Ya, my real banking is getting to be the same way! :|
Only the good die young
Boris123

Question

Post by Boris123 »

:?: Can anomynous accounts be deleted?