Two more questions: buying better ships

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
Boris123

Two more questions: buying better ships

Post by Boris123 »

:?: If I buy a new ship, will I lose the weapons, or is it possible to put them on board the new one?

:?: Can I get credits for the old ship?

Boris Dimitrov
Alucard
Beta Tester

Post by Alucard »

Yes, what weapons you have with you on the old ship will transfer to the new one, provided it has the correct amount of Hard Points(if the new one has less, then you will lose some weapons.)

About the money, it depends on the ship. Your starting ship(NMV or Galactic Semi) won't return you any money, but most any other ship worth anything(i.e. not those 2 or the "return from pod for 0 money ship") will give you back about...1/4 to 1/3 money, I can't remember exactly which.
Hope this helps!
Boris123

:)

Post by Boris123 »

It helps. Yhank you. :)
Alucard
Beta Tester

Post by Alucard »

If you'd like to see how much money you return, as well as the HP(Hard Points) of the other ship to see if all the weaps you have will transfer, you can always glance at the ship when selected from the ship menu in a ship-dealing shop. You will always see this screen before you actually buy the ship of choice.
That way, if you see it will have less HP, then you can visit the closest weapon shop to choose which weapon you want to get rid of, that way you won't be running back to this big shop in a loaded minefield full of enemy ships waiting to make you their female dog today....

Not like I've never done that before :oops:
Grey
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by Grey »

I think you get half the purchase price back when you switch ships. 1/3 or 1/4 is when you die.
Imhotep
Quiet One

Post by Imhotep »

1/4th when you die, 1/3rd when you sell.