Phantom newbie turn

This is a place for Newbies to get help on anything they're not sure about. Don't be afraid to ask!
SteveG
Quiet One

Phantom newbie turn

Post by SteveG »

I was busy trading and there were about 8 other players online. All of a sudden I noticed that I had 1 newbie turn left, I didn't have any before. Also, checking my current players list it showed 73 players online, which seemed a bit unusual?? After about 10 minutes it returned to 11 players online?!
Anyhow, after moving again the newbie turn disappearred as usual, just a bit weird that I suddenly had one?? Hopefully, next time it will be 200+ phantom newbie turns ;)
Steve G aka ChocolateMnM

Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

The reason for this is that last night the server went down, for what reason I do not know. Anyway, in order to protect anyone that may have been caught in open space by this, Mr Spock gave everyone who had accessed the server recently 1 newbie turn. This updating of player information means that the last access time stamp in the player profile is current, so the player is reported as having accessed the server in the last 10 minutes. Obviously after 10 minutes, this time stamp showed as being greater than 10 mins old and they were all removed from the CPL again.

Hope this explains the situation adequately.

Trib
LinkzWrath
Beta Tester

Post by LinkzWrath »

No it doesn't Trib, what is that in english???
Ender's little bro.
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

Should have guessed Linkz would come along with an inability to understand me, so here is the Linkz version :wink:

Game went down, game came back up, everyone got a newbie turn, so everyone showed up on the current player list due to the update.
MrSpock
Newbie Spam Artist

Post by MrSpock »

trib: well explained. u got it!
btw: if any1 is interested... the server had a kernel panic. we assume there are heating problems. the cooling fan arn't the best anymore. will be changed in the next couple of days. hope to fix that then...
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own.
Your trader will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We are the creator of SMR.
d3c509b
Quiet One

Post by d3c509b »

Paniced kernel? is that what happpens when there is a food poisoning suit agasint KFC?
-Ssjz-
seldum
Beta Tester

Post by seldum »

kernel is popcorn colonel is sanders
Imperial

Post by Imperial »

quick someone tell seldum it was a play on words!
Trib
Beta Test Team Leader

Post by Trib »

Seldum, it was a play on words! :wink:

That do you?